cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703VM Speaker Problem

muratturatci
Level 7
Hello, i 've bought a GL703VM. It has a speaker issue. I've searched web and came across that ROG notebooks generally having speaker issues.
Is this a genereal problem and how to solve this.
I'm adding a video about sound issue
18 REPLIES 18

muratturatci wrote:
Please share your ROG speaker issues with me. I think it's a congenital disability.

I've send my device to service center. Let's see what will happen?

hexaae
Level 12
You're so lucky... My GL703GS has much worse audio issue: frequent crackles and popping.

EDIT: 2nd RMA and mobo changed solved this issue too. No more crackles and poppings.
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

hexaae wrote:
You're so lucky... My GL703GS has much worse audio issue: frequent crackles and popping.

The service center has examined my laptop. They replaced the speaker but nothing has changed. Today they call me to replace the notebook or refund. I surely choose refund because the ROG series is totally crap. Never spend your mmoney on newer ASUS devices. This is a friendly warning.

I have a new GL703GS with the same sound problem. Any news about it? My free bluetooth speakers have a better sound ... 😞

Exhibou wrote:
I have a new GL703GS with the same sound problem. Any news about it? My free bluetooth speakers have a better sound ... 😞

What is your counry? Where did you buy the device?

I'm really sorry for your situation. ASUS ROG Series is such a shame. Service gives a report about refund. Because the problem can not be fixed by replacing the speakers. The problem is unsolvable. Because, as i said it's a factory fail production of series. I suggest you to request a refund. And go away from asus to buy any BRAND.

muratturatci wrote:
What is your counry? Where did you buy the device?

I'm really sorry for your situation. ASUS ROG Series is such a shame. Service gives a report about refund. Because the problem can not be fixed by replacing the speakers. The problem is unsolvable. Because, as i said it's a factory fail production of series. I suggest you to request a refund. And go away from asus to buy any BRAND.

I live in germany and bought the laptop on a german online shop. I have replaced the laptop through the shop but the problem also exists with the new laptop. Apart from the sound everything is great and I really like the laptop. I will keep the laptop and eventually try to fix the vibration on myself. I also had another problem with the laptop: The touchpad sometimes did not react or was delayed. I had to fix the problem myself because the support is not competent. It was a driver problem and Asus wanted to fix the laptop. I expected a lot more from Asus and the support. Once and never again.

EDIT: I am an absolute Logitech fan and bought good speakers from this brand which I mostly use. Fortunately, I do not have to endure the laptop sound very often. 🙂

I hope you could fix your laptops problems 🙂 Have a nice day.

Exhibou wrote:
The touchpad sometimes did not react or was delayed. I had to fix the problem myself because the support is not competent. It was a driver problem and Asus wanted to fix the laptop.

Please can you list the driver that fixed the problem with touchpad and a download link maybe? Could be useful to others...
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

GL703GS
Similar sound problems. Laptop warranty. I found a temporary solution (as long as the warranty is valid) without interfering with the inside of the laptop and without breaking the seal.
You will need a piece of foam rubber 3 mm thick. Rubber moderately soft, feels like rubber. We cut a piece under the hard drive, put the rubber on the installation site of the hard drive, put the hard drive there and fasten the hard drive with a slight tightness. It is necessary to create a small effort with screws on the case.

ATTENTION: do not tighten the screws fastening the hard disk until it stops, you can damage the thread. All operations you do at your own risk!
A small minus of this refinement is that a small mound appears on the outside, which can touch the screen. Therefore, during transportation, I recommend to lay a soft cloth between the screen and the body so as not to damage the screen.
Good luck to all!

Оригинал:

GL703GS
Аналогичные проблемы со звуком. Ноутбук на гарантии. Нашел временное решение (пока действует гарантия) без вмешательства во внутреннюю часть ноутбука и не срывая пломбы.
Вам понадобиться кусок вспененной резины толщиной 3 мм. Резина в меру мягкая, по ощущениям напоминает каучук. Вырезаем кусок под жесткий диск, кладем резину на место установки жесткого диска, кладем туда жесткий диск и прикручиваем с небольшим натягом винчестер. Необходимо создать небольшое усилие винтами на корпус.

ВНИМАНИЕ: не затягивайте винты крепления жесткого диска до упора, можете что нить повредить. Все операции вы проводите на свой страх и риск!
Небольшой минус данной доработки заключается в том, что с наружной стороны появляется небольшой бугор, который может касаться экрана. Поэтому во время транспортировки рекомендую прокладывать мягкую тряпку между экраном и корпусом, чтобы не повредить экран.
Всем удачи!