cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703GS Bios update 10.1.2.304?

Villani
Level 7
Did anyone else get this update through windows yesterday/ today on their machine?
I can't find this specific update anywhere on asus's site yet at all, what are the patch notes for it if anyone knows?
I haven't really had any issues with the laptop at all after the bios update but I'm wondering if I did a mistake updating it through WU.... 😕
6 REPLIES 6

mkz16801
Level 7
i won’t do anything on the bios over windows update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes BIOS update, no obvious changes. Randomly ran Cinebench R15 pulled a solid 1273CB on multicore which is the fastest I've observed on my own Gl703GS. Generally avoid BIOS updates via Windows Update, maybe related to Spectre & Meltdown and why Asus pushed the update via Windows Update. Saw it as a Firmware update, being late at night I didn't connect the dots 🙂

Q-6

Came here to see what's going on. Got the 308 update too 2 days ago. I don't believe it's spectre or meltdown as those are left configurable on Windows as an option for people/organizations who need the speed they purchased.

Any clues or updates, please let me know.

I have my gl703ge undervolted so hitting ~1260 cinebench r15 multicore.

come to think of it:
- this might be a touchpad update as haven't hit any issue with the touchpad since then.

Elizer0x0309 wrote:
Came here to see what's going on. Got the 308 update too 2 days ago. I don't believe it's spectre or meltdown as those are left configurable on Windows as an option for people/organizations who need the speed they purchased.

Any clues or updates, please let me know.

I have my gl703ge undervolted so hitting ~1260 cinebench r15 multicore.

come to think of it:
- this might be a touchpad update as haven't hit any issue with the touchpad since then.

hey I have a Rog*gl553vd Laptop I ganan know if it’s possible to upgrade the mxm gpu*

It's soldered so, unless you want to risk it. No.

tap002
Level 9
Villani wrote:
Did anyone else get this update through windows yesterday/ today on their machine?
I can't find this specific update anywhere on asus's site yet at all, what are the patch notes for it if anyone knows?
I haven't really had any issues with the laptop at all after the bios update but I'm wondering if I did a mistake updating it through WU.... 😕

I received a bios update through windows update that is not on Asus site: GL703GE
Seems everything went fine (no problems) I've searched and can't find any information on my bios version.