cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703GE Touchpad issue (jitters/slowdowns/random-movement)

Elizer0x0309
Level 8
Hello,

I'm really liking my new asus gl703ge (ex-Gigabyte/ex-Macbook). The only issue I have is the touchpad having jitters about 30% of the time. I can't pinpoint the cause just yet.

I've already reinstalled all the drivers and smart gesture stuff (although it's not needed). I've also opened the laptop up for inspection and nothing negative that stands out.

Any tips? I don't want to send it for replacement as I feel like this is a minuscule issue for what the laptop offers (undervolted and getting 1265 on Cinebench r15 multicore tests!!)
14 REPLIES 14

Hi, I had a similar issue then realized the touchpad was cold (Because of the cooling pad I use). Once I turned the cooling pad off everything went normal. Bear in mind that it's a common issue with capacitive components.

Joanne@ASUS wrote:
Hi itsmerandy,

Please reference to our FAQ: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042539
see if it can solve your touchpad abnormal problems.

If your probelm is not worked out with above solution and information, please contact ASUS customer service center for further information, thank you!

Well I did everything you recommended and it helped but now my mouse pointer is real jittery and shakey. I have tried putting trackpad on lowest sensitivity but doesnt help.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello itsmerandy,
Do you have another mouse to cross check?
and may I have the brand an model of the mouse?
Thank you.

handokovska
Level 7
same problem with gl702... and i check the battery already swollen a bits... could that be the cause?

handokovska wrote:
same problem with gl702... and i check the battery already swollen a bits... could that be the cause?

Hello handokovska,
Yeah very likely, since it will cause some uneven on the touchpad responding layer.
Please kindly send your device to service center as soon as possible.
Thank you.