cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703 Fan Replacement

thedeanorama
Level 7
I'm looking to replace the fans in my GL703 as the bearings are starting to fail. Is there a dedicated fan for Left and Right or is it the same fan flipped? I had the fans off yesterday to blow them out to see if that was the issue, but I wasn't thinking and didn't take them both out at the same time or compare them side by side when I even had 1 out because apparently I only operate in hindsight mode.
5 REPLIES 5

thedeanorama
Level 7
Ended up ordering 2 fans, the mounts work in either configuration. So to answer my own question, the same fan for both sides, one side is flipped.

thedeanorama wrote:
Ended up ordering 2 fans, the mounts work in either configuration. So to answer my own question, the same fan for both sides, one side is flipped.

What size fan did you wind up buying? Can you share the model number / link where you got it from? It would be very much appreciated!

mixx2005
Level 7
thedeanorama wrote:
I'm looking to replace the fans in my GL703 as the bearings are starting to fail. Is there a dedicated fan for Left and Right or is it the same fan flipped? I had the fans off yesterday to blow them out to see if that was the issue, but I wasn't thinking and didn't take them both out at the same time or compare them side by side when I even had 1 out because apparently I only operate in hindsight mode.

Where did you purchase the replacements from?
What brand are they?

Also if anyone knows, I would like to buy the actual factory replacements, but can't find them anywhere. Please help.
P.S. Mine is a GL703V(just over 2 years old) i7-7700-Nvidia GTX 1060.

mixx2005 wrote:
Where did you purchase the replacements from?
What brand are they?

Also if anyone knows, I would like to buy the actual factory replacements, but can't find them anywhere. Please help.
P.S. Mine is a GL703V(just over 2 years old) i7-7700-Nvidia GTX 1060.

I ended up getting replacements from somewhere in the UK, from a gutted 703v broken down for parts. They just started rattling again. This laptop consumes fans like I do Oreos. It runs hot which means the fans are pretty much fully spun up for any gaming, which eats up the bearing's life span prematurely. I've started looking for another set and I'm basically googling gl703v fans and seeing what I can find.