cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gl702VS undervolting problem

Architekt0r
Level 7
Hello, guys! My GL702VS upsets me. I've bought it a month ago and noticed a problem with overheating. Through this forum I've found a solution to undervolt my CPU and GPU. With CPU I don't have any issues but my 1070 is really hot. I've made a curve in Afterburner like other users suggest. But while I have 850-900 mV and 1750-1800 MHz the temperature is rising up to its limit 80 C. I'm also trying to use Asus tweak software where I can expand a temperature limit but it raising up further. If it's limited to say 70-75 C I get throtlling to 600 MHz. So guys please help with my problem. Also I'm using a cool pad but it has no effect. What shall I do guys?
6 REPLIES 6

Architekt0r
Level 7
I can say more. Look at my screenshot from GPU-Z with full load of my GPU because the Witcher 3. My max voltage is 0.9120 give me max 1695.5 Mhz while standard values are 781 mV for 1442,5. I'm confused with it. I need the values below than 800 mV. How can I acquire it?

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Look at the PerfCap Reasons and reply back.

Sounds like you need a repaste on your gpu how are cpu temps? My 1070 seems happiest at around 1700 at 850mv.

Thanks, guys! I don't think I need a repaste on my GPU. I know Asus make a good job with its notebooks. I've just bought it a month ago.
Besides in a common state like office needs I have 60 C both CPU and GPU. Also my CPU in games have the same 80 C like the GPU. I think I can try to make additional holes on bottom side in front of fans like other guy did

if no repaste id suggest a voltage / frequency at a a flat 1590ish from 800 on pascal on these laptops dont seem to like much more. yes lower frequency but better performance ? drop a few points at start to give it a escape.

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
That doesn't seem to be a GPU thermal throttling issue. That's not how GPU boost works. It would never drops the clocks to 600mhz, specially at 80c. Also, it should work just fine out of the box without having to mess around with voltages, clocks or anything else. Sure, you can improve thermals by doing that, but it should work perfectly fine out of the box.

Check the PerfCap reason on GPUz then run ThrottleStop and see if it's not triggering BD PROCHOT on the "limits" window.