cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702VS BIOS problem

MrEcho
Level 7
Hi guys. I have rog gl702vs laptop. 3 or 4 months ago i updated my bios firm to 305, but i came across with problems like when i opened laptop, screen doesn't open and only starts when i restart. And lately i started to have coil whine (or i thought so) when i move my mouse. Whenever i move my mouse, this sound comes out. Its very weird and im having hard time to describe. Anyhow, for a long time, there is no BIOS driver in the drivers section. Why is that? Can someone help me? I mailed tech. guys to deal with it but they did not care to solve my issue and i thought there may be some kind fellas here to help my problem 🙂 Now my questions are, why these problems are occuring and why there is no bios driver in the support site. I cant even find the past bios version 😞 Please help me guys. Thank you all and happy new year!
4 REPLIES 4

SpookyWatcher
Level 7
I was having the exact same problem of not being able to find updated Bios. I was running Bios 304 on my GL-702VS and went to look for a Bios update at https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-GL702VS/HelpDesk_Download/ but there was no update for Bios. Not even a previous version!

So I started the winflash utility to check for an update. There was! It was v306. So I did the steps in winflash utility to update to Bios v306. It downloaded fine but then said something about an invalid file format. The problem was it downloads in the .zip format and doesn't know how to unzip it for some stupid reason.

So I went to file manager and searched for "GL702VSKAS306" and found the zipped bios in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash\Temp. Then I unzipped it and put it in my downloads folder then re-ran winflash utility and pointed it to the bios and flashed that way.

All seems to be working well with No negative effects that I can tell. Like you I contacted Asus support multiple time trying to get help but like you said they could care less!

I am in NO WAY responsible if attempt what I did. If you choose to do this...You will accept full responsibility for your own actions. There may be a reason the bios 306 is not listed on the website and Asus took it down.

*** Edit ***
First Post

FastM
Level 8
To properly update to v306 go to Device Manager, find "Firmware>System Firmware" right click and select Update Driver, choose to seach online for the latest and your system will automatically update to v306.

For your black screen on boot, this is something I've experience as well, even with the latest 306 BIOS. From reading other threads in this forum people have Disabled "Fast Boot" in the system BIOS settings and its supposed to prevent that from happening.

Not sure about the coil whine, but I know there is something you can disable with the program "Throttle Stop" that's supposed to help stop that.

FastM wrote:
To properly update to v306 go to Device Manager, find "Firmware>System Firmware" right click and select Update Driver, choose to seach online for the latest and your system will automatically update to v306.

For your black screen on boot, this is something I've experience as well, even with the latest 306 BIOS. From reading other threads in this forum people have Disabled "Fast Boot" in the system BIOS settings and its supposed to prevent that from happening.

Not sure about the coil whine, but I know there is something you can disable with the program "Throttle Stop" that's supposed to help stop that.

Excellent! Did not know that. I have not booted into windows for so long...had no idea. Much Thx.

Spooky

guys thank you so much, i updated bios to version 306. love you all ❤️