cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702VMK GPU Fan noise.

JArias
Level 7
Hi All,

I have a GL702VMK and the GPU fan makes a ton of noise. The faster it spins the louder it gets. Ive tried cleaning it all ready with no results. My question is, where can I purchase a replacement fan? seems like every where Ive looked is sold out or doesnt have that particular model Fan. Located in the US.
The info on the fan itself is:
FCN Brushless Motor
FJ9T DC 5V 0.5A
DFS551205ML0T

Asus customer support has been no help. They are insisting that I send the laptop in for RMA and that they dont sell spare parts to customers.

Thanks
803 Views
7 REPLIES 7

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
What kind of noise? Have you tried taking it apart to see what's happening? Maybe the fan blades are just touching the metal backplate. Should be an easy fix.

Anyways, you can find replacements on Aliexpress.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
What kind of noise? Have you tried taking it apart to see what's happening? Maybe the fan blades are just touching the metal backplate. Should be an easy fix.

Anyways, you can find replacements on Aliexpress.


Does Aliexpress work in the US? never used them. only heard about them.

i took it apart earlier. the CPU fan spins freely but the GPU will spin but stop almost immediately when spinning them by hand. the sound is almost like a hard vibration? i dont know really how to explain it. but the fan is clean and nothing in the way. sometimes it likes to ramp up in short bursts too.

JArias wrote:
Does Aliexpress work in the US? never used them. only heard about them.

i took it apart earlier. the CPU fan spins freely but the GPU will spin but stop almost immediately when spinning them by hand. the sound is almost like a hard vibration? i dont know really how to explain it. but the fan is clean and nothing in the way. sometimes it likes to ramp up in short bursts too.


Stuff from Aliexpress comes from china. They deliver worldwide. You can also find replacements on ebay but the parts will also be shipped from china.

Remove the fan and you should be able to see what's binding it. Be careful not to break any fins. They're kinda fragile.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Stuff from Aliexpress comes from china. They deliver worldwide. You can also find replacements on ebay but the parts will also be shipped from china.

Remove the fan and you should be able to see what's binding it. Be careful not to break any fins. They're kinda fragile.


Thanks for all of your help. I'll make sure to look up the part number on Aliexpress.
I did pull the fan. blew it out with canned air and rotated the blades by hand. when spun fast enough, its makes a hard vibrating sound. i (accidentally) took the fan casing apart and found nothing in there. again spun the blades by hand and was still making the same noise. its def coming from inside the fan motor. since putting everything back together it desnt seem to be putting out any air. the CPU side you can feel drawing air but the GPU side i feel nothing. i can see it spinning in there. hopefully the replacement will fix everything.

Pretzel
Level 7
Choose the silent mode option in Asus Armory Crate. Problem solved.

Pretzel wrote:
Choose the silent mode option in Asus Armory Crate. Problem solved.


The guy has a bad fan. By running it on silent mode you're just hiding the issue not fixing it.

Hi,
normally you don't need to buy new fan.
just open it up, clean it and then oil the shaft with proper oil.

little help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lxvmay2tn0