Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702VM Heavy GPU throttling

Sfonks
Level 9
EDIT: Final conclusion:
Update:
Support ASSURED me that not all models had this problem, so I refunded my laptop and bought a NEW one in a different store (the original store was all out)
GUESS WHAT
THE EXACT SAME ****ING THROTTLING PROBLEM (model GL702VM-GC026T-BE)
This can be fixed like, previously explained, by disabling Intelij Tubro Technology.
But then you have to live without turbo.

So warning to everyone: DON'T BUY THIS LAPTOP, IT'S BROKEN!

Original post:

Hello,

I just got the GL702VM notebook, and I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing heavy GPU throttling?
Playing Overwatch on epic gives a solid 80-100 fps, but there are a lot of fps drops down to 30-40 every few seconds because of the throttling,
making it unplayable.
Here is a screenshot of afterburner monitor. http://i.imgur.com/EDAd8fR.png
You can see that every few seconds the gpu usage is being dropped down a lot...

Hopefully this is not normal? Anyone else having this issue?
And how could I fix this?

Regards,
Sven
12 REPLIES 12

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem since I bought this laptop. Thought it was great laptop. Reviews were not so bad so I bought it from amazon. Guess what the fps is yes 70-80 like, but it drops frequently. That is horrible. Not what as Asus promised. Thumbs down! Not to Mention I also have screen bleeding since I got this laptop. Okay but now, I'm getting performance glithes in desktop mode ??!!?!? This is too much from ASUS! Please reconsider your product carefully before you sale it! And please help me out!:mad::(:confused:

I know this is a thread for the GL702VM but this is kinda discouraging considering I just bought a GL703VD and I am awaiting shipment. I really hope I won't have to resort to doing this.

Leader2light
Level 7
Limit CPU max to 99% in power advanced settings. This prevents intel turbo boost. Fixed all my issues.