cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702VM Fan failing, less than year old

Leader2light
Level 7
Will support send me a new fan? I know which fan, removed and cleaned it. Still making loud noises. Hoping I don't need to send in whole laptop for such an easy fix.

Anyone know how ASUS deals with this type of issue?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Eleiyas
Level 10
Normally, you contact ASUS support for your area and they will arrange an RMA for the laptop.

Unfortunately, you will have to send in the whole unit as they will not simply ship a spare part for you to replace yourself.

You ship in the whole laptop, it will be tested by an engineer who will try to verify the issue you are having. If they do, it will be sent to the repair team, where they will replace the faulty part. This is to do with the warranty TOS and insurance.

The fact that you say you have "removed" the faulty part might cause issues with your warranty though.

Saragrl
Level 8
I had the same issue 3 months into getting my 702. They wanted me to send it back, and after reading horror stories of others I decided to just order the part on ebay and replace it myself. It was like $50 USD but I don't trust others to fix my computers.

Saragrl wrote:
I had the same issue 3 months into getting my 702. They wanted me to send it back, and after reading horror stories of others I decided to just order the part on ebay and replace it myself. It was like $50 USD but I don't trust others to fix my computers.

Yeah this is my fear as well. That and who wants the pain of sending in / waiting for return, for just a basic fan issue. Its working for now, guess I will wait for it to fail 100%.