cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553VE Automatic shutdown with Manual Fan Boost

Sid7886
Level 7
Hi,

I am facing an issue with my GL553VE laptop which shuts down automatically if you do a manual fan boost from the ROG gaming center..the laptop runs just fine if i keep the fan mode to 'Auto' but even with slightest increase in manual fan boost speed results in an automatic shutdown abruptly after 5-10 mins.. Also manually boosting the fan speed resuls in decrease of about 10-15 FPS while gaming ( i dont know for what reason). I also dont have Avast or any other antivirus installed which could be conflicting this..

I contacted Asus support and they asked me to update the BIOS..*
I have already uninstalled and updated nvidia to latest drivers, along with latest version of ROG gaming center (v2.03) and updated BIOS as well (v302), however it still doesnt help.

Is anyone else also facing the same issue with their laptops and have come across any solution for it?

Thanks*
113 REPLIES 113

Lord Obsidian wrote:
Hi SCTR9!
With Intel TurboBoost enabled it seems quite normal. You should worry when temps reach 90C (87C at peaks is still normal).

OK Thanks Lord Obsidian!

Simon942
Level 7
No. They make updates to deserve best performance and fixes for your system. Like Windows Update do 🙂

Simon942 wrote:
No. They make updates to deserve best performance and fixes for your system. Like Windows Update do 🙂

hmm i see. I just flashed my BIOS to BIOS 306 and also test playing fortnite and i see improvements. I will report 1 week later to see how it goes.
Thankyou so much for your help 🙂

KnowNothing wrote:
hmm i see. I just flashed my BIOS to BIOS 306 and also test playing fortnite and i see improvements. I will report 1 week later to see how it goes.
Thankyou so much for your help 🙂

No problem 🙂