cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553VD-USB Type-C Display Support?

FlightKid
Level 7
HI I am the owner of a Asus ROG GL553VD I have been wondering about the display functionality of that port. I have found conflicting information online, some sources state that it is not compatible, others say there are 2 outputs in it. Can anyone give me a correct answer? Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

mmohamed2
Level 8
it can be used for type-c to vga or type-c to hdmi ( i don't know if hdmi 2.0 works or not)
also there's an adapter that have hdmi vga and usb 3.0 ports and others together

mmohamed2 wrote:
it can be used for type-c to vga or type-c to hdmi ( i don't know if hdmi 2.0 works or not)
also there's an adapter that have hdmi vga and usb 3.0 ports and others together

Thank you.
I appreciate it because i found conflicting information, also i diden't want to buy another monitor and an adapter without knowing if it worked.

Do u know if the port is thunderbolt? if so what version?

FlightKid wrote:
Thank you.
I appreciate it because i found conflicting information, also i diden't want to buy another monitor and an adapter without knowing if it worked.

Did it work?
Thanks!

xeromist
If it was Thunderbolt it would be listed on the product specs page. Since it's not it's just a type-c.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

thank you!

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
The type C port on this model does not support display export itself.
It is possible to link an adapter with external graphic card to make it work,
but we are not able to guarantee the performance and compatibility of these accessories.
Thank you.