cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GL553VD] Problem with GPU

lfcamara
Level 7
Hi , got a problem with my Notebook. since december i started getting Blue screen (error power_driver_state_failure) so i decided to unistall both Nvidia GPU & Intel graphics Driver via DDU and reinstall the drivers on the Asus support. everything ok until now. today i turned on the notebook, tried to go to Nvidia control panel and it didn't open (Got an error that said that i didn't have an screen connected to Nvidia GPU), restarted it opened.

Then i started playing Fallout New Vegas, played for some hours, then when i closed the game and tried to open ROG Gaming Center to look to the CPU & GPU temps i found this.


70901

it almost seems that my notebook is not detecting the GPU

specs:
Intel i5-7300HQ
8GB RAM
windows 10 pro (Ver 1709, seems that this version has problems)
intel HD & GTX 1050 drivers are the old ones on the support page
1,602 Views
14 REPLIES 14

mmohamed2
Level 8
unistall gaming center and install v2.0.2 it's work better for me
unistall intel and nvidia drivers using DDU
re-install them from asus support page
Update your bios to 304

mmohamed2 wrote:
unistall gaming center and install v2.0.2 it's work better for me
unistall intel and nvidia drivers using DDU
re-install them from asus support page
Update your bios to 304


Already did that , except installing ROG Gaming Center v2.0.3

Hey there, same thing happened to me. Try using the asus drivers from may on the official site. It's been working so far for me, still holding my breath though.

Hi

Upgrade your drivers using this site:
http://support.asus.com.cn/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=927&m=GL553VD&os=&hashedid=n%2fa

Upgrade bios to 305 in device manager:
go to firmware >> expand >> right click >> update driver >> restart >> hands up

(there is tons of updates on device manager, and you can always roll back once)

bestasensual wrote:
Hi

Upgrade your drivers using this site:
http://support.asus.com.cn/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=927&m=GL553VD&os=&hashedid=n%2fa

Upgrade bios to 305 in device manager:
go to firmware >> expand >> right click >> update driver >> restart >> hands up

(there is tons of updates on device manager, and you can always roll back once)


Can you please show me the icon of firmware


i can't find it because my win version is fr

may be the microprogramme?

bestasensual wrote:
Hi

Upgrade your drivers using this site:
http://support.asus.com.cn/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=927&m=GL553VD&os=&hashedid=n%2fa

Upgrade bios to 305 in device manager:
go to firmware >> expand >> right click >> update driver >> restart >> hands up

(there is tons of updates on device manager, and you can always roll back once)



tried to update BIOS but it told me that i have the latest version (304)

Simon942
Level 7
Don't upgrade to 305 it is not the version for your GL553(VD) it is the the GL553 but another number instead of (VD). Asus told me it was a fail that they had send it to Microsoft database. And they says thanks to me.
Don't upgrade.
Sympthoms you can get:
- Higher temps
- Inaccessible Boot Device (You need to reinstall the computer)
- Blue Screen Of Death
- Hardware failure.

Simon942 wrote:
Don't upgrade to 305 it is not the version for your GL553(VD) it is the the GL553 but another number instead of (VD). Asus told me it was a fail that they had send it to Microsoft database. And they says thanks to me.
Don't upgrade.
Sympthoms you can get:
- Higher temps
- Inaccessible Boot Device (You need to reinstall the computer)
- Blue Screen Of Death
- Hardware failure.


Welp, I'm already upgraded and haven't noticed anything different so far. If something goes wrong I'll know who to call :cool: