cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553VD NO Audio after latest Win10 update

mikeyav
Level 7
Hi, after i shut down my laptop yesterday it did some updates automatically. Today my sound is not working saying ''No Audio Output Device Installed''.

What happened? What should i do? Should i go to ASUS and download the suggested audio driver again or not? The troubleshoot option can't find any issue.
I am very confused, please, anyone can help?

9 REPLIES 9

tsuru
Level 7
Same problem for me.

I just went to asus and downloaded the latest realtek drivers for the GL753. It was a zip file. You have to extract the files then go into the folder and run setup.exe. This got my sound working again.

tsuru wrote:
Same problem for me.

I just went to asus and downloaded the latest realtek drivers for the GL753. It was a zip file. You have to extract the files then go into the folder and run setup.exe. This got my sound working again.

Thanks for the reply tsuru, i figured this out later as well, but i still have one concern. My Realtek driver before this disastrous update was the version 6.0.1.8416 , but now, the suggested version from ASUS web page is the 6.0.1.8302 that is older than the previous one 😞 Why is that? Any idea how can i update to the newest one again? The driver update option doesn't find any.

tsuru wrote:
Same problem for me.

I just installed intel driver from Windows update and Audio driver went missing.

Thanks to your advice, I just downloaded the driver from Asus Driver website , restarted and the laxing sound of laptop got restored. 🙂

guyz92
Level 7
Just roll back the Intel SST device to "High Definition Audio Controller".

TimeLion724
Level 8
Just restart, I think the service might be bugged at the startup because reinstalled my audio drivers and still ran into the same problems.
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Microsoft just released a patch to fix that

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
Microsoft just released a patch to fix that

Where is the link? Source.
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

TimeLion724 wrote:
Where is the link? Source.

Source is Microsoft.
Just run Windows update, it should install automatically.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468550/audio-stops-working-after-installing-intel-audio-dr...

After 2 years! on and off trying to figure out the audio issue, I am sad to discover but happy to report to you all that the the issue is simply that BIOS version 308 is broken and simply reverting back to BIOS 307 fixes the Audio issue.