cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553VD Low fps when on battery

mikeyav
Level 7
So i have seen this issue reporting again and again by many people and on various forums but never managed to find a solution.

Now i came to the official manufacturer's forums of my laptop hoping someone really knows what to do.

Things that i have done so far is to to go NVIDIA's control panel and select ''Maximum Performance" as well as default GPU for my program the Nvidia's GPU.
Nothing happened.
Also tried to change the laptop's power plan, although this does not affect the NVIDIA's card perfomance, and nothing again.

Please help me, what must i do to achieve of the same performance on Battery?? Or, is this even possible? Or my efforts are all in vain for something that can't be achieved anyway??

My card is GTX 1050 and the laptop's model GL553VD. Appreciate any answer
3 REPLIES 3

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
It will never achieve the same performance on battery as it does on AC power. The battery can't provide enough current to supply the CPU and GPU at full load. It's a hardware limitation. Unless they start to use another type of battery chemistry that can provide enough juice (like LiPo instead of Li-ion, which I doubt they ever will), that ain't gonna change so soon.

The best you can do is turn OFF battery boost on Geforce experience. That will cap your fps to 60, on non demanding games, like counter strike for example.

FULLMETALJACKET7 wrote:
It will never achieve the same performance on battery as it does on AC power. The battery can't provide enough current to supply the CPU and GPU at full load. It's a hardware limitation. Unless they start to use another type of battery chemistry that can provide enough juice (like LiPo instead of Li-ion, which I doubt they ever will), that ain't gonna change so soon.

The best you can do is turn OFF battery boost on Geforce experience. That will cap your fps to 60, on non demanding games, like counter strike for example.

Hi, thanks for the answer, why should i do that? How will it help me?
Currently i get lower than 60 fps on battery. Around 30 or something even at the oldest least demanding games around

mikeyav wrote:
Hi, thanks for the answer, why should i do that? How will it help me?
Currently i get lower than 60 fps on battery. Around 30 or something even at the oldest least demanding games around

Turning OFF battery boost will uncap that 30fps limit while on battery power. There's nothing you can do to remove the 60fps cap while on battery, as far as I know.