cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553VD - Driver Power State Failure while playing certain games

benjaminllim
Level 7
For some reason, when I play two of my games I get a Driver Power State Failure, a BSOD.

What is strange is that I do not get this at all when I play my other games or not gaming at all.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I've already contacted ASUS Support and they said it was a hardware issue, but I hope I can fix this without sending my laptop off.

Dump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMe8kFEmIEUkSQaN-2YuflpRnHe
36 REPLIES 36

So Is there a definitive solution?

What should I do to fix the problem permamently? Thanks!

Hi all, i also have this problem on my girlfriend laptop asus gl533vd. I updated Windows, and got the same problem. Afer updating bios to 304 and instaling drivers by Windows update i thought that problem disapeared but after one hour of playing wow i got "failed to Find a suitable device.
And now i dont know what to do

Due to the driver incompatibility with certain games you are facing the driver power failure issue.

Some games have high specification and require the hardware updated and compatible with it. And when the hardware drivers or system specification are not suitable it start crashing. The very first thing that you need to do is try updating the drivers.

Follow the steps to do so.

1. Move to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager.
2. And choose your Network adapter and/or Display adapter.
3. Then right click, choose ‘Update Driver Software and Search automatically…’.
4. And restart your computer.

If this solve the driver power state failure than it is done but if not then try performing a SFC scan. Or update the drivers with the free driver booster.

http://www.fixwindowserrors.biz/blog/free-download-driver-booster

This problem is exist for months and asus really doesn't do anything? I can't belive this. That's not an option to use the nvidia for everythin. I wouldn't imagine that this would be the support for a 1000+ eur notebook...

At least i know, if my warranty is over and i need a new gamer stuff ill buy acer predator... not asus again... never.

Larrodan wrote:
That's not an option to use the nvidia for everythin.

but it is.. at least when u play games or 3d rendering. (demanding)

just go to nvidia control panel and:

why its not an option?

I know where to setup i just simply don't wanna bother with it, really need to do custom settings to be able to use your pc? It's not a nvidia problem, it's asus construction problem. They just don't give a cr*p about it.

Hi.
I had same problem after updating to 1709. BSOD happens with Unreal Engine Editor. When I try to import textures it freezes and then BSOD with this error. I updated nvidia drivers to 391.35 (latest for 05 april 2018) and seems it's gone. Not sure about games, but it did happen with VRChat (after multiple alt+tab to firefox and back) and Fallout 4 (alt+tab to random applications, like notepad or IRC). 1803 coming, dunno what will happen.
I think It would be useful to publish such information (GL553 vs 1709) as news on main page, because I don't really need to update OS, and I think most gamers too.