cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GL552VX] Power Management issue - Battery Always Discharging

Chris92VN
Level 8
It seems nobody notice this issue since Fall Creator Update!
Summary of this issue:
Before FCU, battery was present and not charging at 95%. batteryreport from powercfg shown no sight of battery worn-out, even discharge rate is almost 0. Battery LED is Green(Fully charged state)
After FCU, I did notice after two days using, my battery heated up. Battery LED always stay at Yellow(Charging state). Checking the battery on Windows, by observation, battery state constantly switched from "Charging" to "Discharging" in the range of 75-95%, at 95%(full charged state), battery started to discharge, this kept going on until 75% then it said "Charging". My battery now is never in "Fully charged" or "Not charging" state at normal.
Batteryreport from powercfg shown sight of battery worn-out: 20%. 20% for 2 days, it's unreasonable.
Engery Report shown me this unpleasant warning(among other warning about my High-performance power settings):
Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disable
PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.

Noting: Reinstall Windows, change power settings DIDNOT solve anything.
After Googling this on internet and from Microsoft support, this issue is addressed to BIOS/Mainboard problem, and this warning is really related to battery bug. Microsoft blamed the current bios is not compatible with FCU, adviced me contact ASUS to fix this issue.
Please, ASUS, take a look into this thing, and update BIOS for GL552VX.
Latest BIOS version 300 seems to be OUTDATED already.
-
And also, there is issue about Sound driver incompatibility with FCU that makes every official Conexant SmartAudio HD from Asus driver site bugged - installed, presented in Device Manager but Sound control didn't find it, practically not working at all. Only Conexant driver from M$ works(with crappy audio support)
0 REPLIES 0