cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL552VW making strange noise - possibly the fan

Chaza
Level 7
Hi,

I bought a GL552VW a few months ago and I've just noticed a strange noise whenever the i'm playing games. The noise comes from under the W key and if i hold down the W key whilst playing the noise stops.

Is this the fan? is this normal? has anyone else experienced this?

Sound - http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ajntYWNvm1

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance
Charlie
3 REPLIES 3

Chaza
Level 7
Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks

Chaza wrote:
Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks
Lol, nope. ASUS support on this forum is barely existent, unfortunately. That's what I notice. ASUS makes great products, and provide the worst support of any computer company I've ever dealt with.... and I've had HP's, and ACER's. It's a shame because support should be on the top of their priority list, but every time I call I get the WRONG answer, or the person I'm talking to speaks TERRIBLE English. Also, the form on the website to request support is the biggest hassle to deal with ever, as there's no way to directly email them like pretty much ALL other companies have as an option. You'd think all the effort would make it easier to get your questions answered, but it's just even more annoying. You're better off Tweeting at them, and even that won't do you much good. Not always their fault though, Windows has been messing up a bunch lately with Windows 10.

kutzki wrote:
Lol, nope. ASUS support on this forum is barely existent, unfortunately. That's what I notice. ASUS makes great products, and provide the worst support of any computer company I've ever dealt with.... and I've had HP's, and ACER's. It's a shame because support should be on the top of their priority list, but every time I call I get the WRONG answer, or the person I'm talking to speaks TERRIBLE English. Also, the form on the website to request support is the biggest hassle to deal with ever, as there's no way to directly email them like pretty much ALL other companies have as an option. You'd think all the effort would make it easier to get your questions answered, but it's just even more annoying. You're better off Tweeting at them, and even that won't do you much good. Not always their fault though, Windows has been messing up a bunch lately with Windows 10.

Thanks for coming back to me, its a shame the service is so bad.

I will mail the tech support directly to see if they can shed any light on the issue and failing that i will return the laptop to John Lewis who i would imagine would be happy to return my money given the stance they take on customer service.

Cheers