cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL552VW-CN174D, Temperature & Cooling question.

npro15975346
Level 7
Hi, I was using programs that measure the temperature of my GL552VW and discovered that the temperature is quite high.

So I researched further in this laptop's cooling system and found out that most reviewers got roughly 20-30 celsius during idle while mine has like 40-50.

Is there anything that has to be fixed or can be done to cool down my laptop? Thanks.

P.S. Tried using SpeedFan, doesn't help. Tried looking in BIOS for Fan Speed, can't find it.
2 REPLIES 2

Bill
Level 7
Hello npro15975346
Are you running any applications or other softwares in the background?
idle temperature can be higher than average if lots of background applications are running.
Thank you

Bill2_chang wrote:
Hello npro15975346
Are you running any applications or other softwares in the background?
idle temperature can be higher than average if lots of background applications are running.
Thank you

Hi, thank you for replying.

I do have couple of programs running, such as chromes, antivirus, skype, etc. (My CPU usage is less than 15% btw)
Also, when I start up the computer, the temperature spring up to 42-45 almost immediately after startup programs settle down.

I'm kind of worry at the moment because I don't expect the temperature to go up this high by just these utility programs instead of graphic/processor demanding games.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I found out that during I plugged in charger, my temperature rose from 60C to 80-85C almost immediately during gaming (Path of Exile).
I tried to look at graphics and processor settings during plugged in and on battery, but they are set to same levels anyway.

P.S. From further experiment, I do gain 5-8C less once I unplug the charger. (I usually keep it plugged because I usually play battery-consuming games.)