cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL552V M.2 SSD not showing.

Krisosha
Level 7
Hi Guys, Just hoping to grab some clarification as I am getting answers from all over the joint about this issue:

I purchased a GL522V yesterday and a Intel Solid State m.2 600p series 256GB SSD.

After installing it, I disabled secureboot and made it so I can select anything as my startup drive. However I cannot see it listed anywhere within the BIOS.

I Re-seated the SSD, and verified that it cannot be seen in windows either.

What exactly do I need to do to get it working. It seems that everyone has to do something specific to get it going.

I called ASUS support and they just suggested that I return the laptop and get a different one. They also stated that it supports all M.2 SSD's which from what I've read seems un-true.

Could somebody tell me what I need to do exactly?

Edit: SMBBIOSVERSION reports as GL552VW.213
2 REPLIES 2

Yakimeshi
Level 7
The laptop supports m.2 2280 SATA III drives, but not NVME drives. The Intel Solid State m.2 600p series drive you have mentioned is a PCie NVME 3.0 drive. Please check out post #7 and #8 of this thread:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81143-GL552VW-DH71-What-drive-for-M-2-Slot

Post #8 states two 2280 NVME samsung ssds that have worked. Despite that, I've never heard anyone make any other NVME drives work with the model.

I'm sorry to tell you that you may have to replace your SSD with a slower and more conventional m.2 2280 SATA III. I would suggest Samsung 850 Evo as it is the top choice for these kinds of drives.

Other than that, you may try updating your BIOS to the latest one. Maybe ASUS has already provided support if you're lucky. The latest BIOS to date as of this post is BIOS 300 for the model. https://www.asus.com/ph/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GL552VW/HelpDesk_Download/

Same here I also encounter this problem, even I upgarde the BIOS also unable to solve the problem, is there any solution for that?