cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(GL552JX) How do I control my monitors with NVIDIA instead of Intel?

Bassen
Level 7
Ok. Bought a GL552JX Asus ROG laptop

I use a program called ISBoxer, a program to setup window layouts for multiple games to multibox.

http://i.imgur.com/PjsLaVj.jpg

As you see the 1st window is fine, how it should be and correct scaling.
The 3 windows on the bottom however is not scaling correctly. And on my main desktop computer with the same settings manages to do this just fine.

And the difference is..... Intel HD Graphics. I do not want anything to do with this crap, I want it removed, thrashed, burned, disabled, forgotten. I'm not looking for power efficiency I'm just looking for something that works.
And I want NVIDIA control panel to control my monitors and not this 1-2-3 options available in Intel menu.

I updated to the last version of BIOS cause it said:

BIOS 209
Update NVidia VBIOS

Oh I thought you guys had fixed something so you could remove this Intel HD fascism program of doom.
But actually no... I was wrong.

So do you have any suggestions on how I can remove this virus software from interferring with my real GPU?

EDIT: Yes I have put all the programs and games to use "High-Performance Nvidia Processor", but there is no choice for the handling of actual monitors.
2 REPLIES 2

Bassen
Level 7
So I guess im stuck with this then? Nice 1000 bucks for nothing other than sitting in paint, I thought this was a Republic of Gaming computer and not some internet web browsing shiet

Gps3dx
Level 12
Bassen wrote:
Ok. Bought a GL552JX Asus ROG laptop

I use a program called ISBoxer, a program to setup window layouts for multiple games to multibox.

http://i.imgur.com/PjsLaVj.jpg

As you see the 1st window is fine, how it should be and correct scaling.
The 3 windows on the bottom however is not scaling correctly. And on my main desktop computer with the same settings manages to do this just fine.

EDIT: Yes I have put all the programs and games to use "High-Performance Nvidia Processor", but there is no choice for the handling of actual monitors.

@Bassen.
Please contact admins to close your latest thread about same subject, AS THIS SPAMMING FOR NO REASON AND THIS ISN'T APPRECIATED ! ( You can read the admin's words as well HERE )
You might be right to be angry with asus, but you should not take your nerves out in this forum as this IS A COMMUNITY BASED FORUM and is NOT a place where official rep of ASUS debate this or other "bad tech".

Now... Please read this few posts here as it might give you some idea about how to solve the scaling issue you experience.
Also look at this advise, as the "I want nvidia not intel" subject was debated a lot in the past in this forum ( not this sub-forum specificly, as optimus is OLD tech ! )

Also, I know from my time with my old asus eeePC 1015PN that had Optimus as well IS THAT YOU MUST INSTALL FROM SCRATCH Nvidia AND Intel drivers FROM ASUS OFFICAL SUPPORT PAGE -> ONLY THEN you'll have optimus working as it should, Only then you can update the GPU drivers from intel and Nvidia sites ( if at all, cause it might break optimus stability/working status ).

Also, I know that on OLD asus's BIOS ( i.e APTIO IV ) you could mod your bios to close Intel HD - but this is a dangerous act to do cause sometimes the intel GPU is the default device that works under bios environments -> thus if it's disabled once, you might never see the bios again ( forget about warranty if you do it )
also, such bios mod is IMPOSSIBLE to perform on latest BIOSs such as APTIO V (because lake of modding tools around the net) which I guess is what the latest line of ROG laptops have ( like yours ). thus, only asus can create such a bios with intel HD toggle option -> so you need to contact them.

Also, I know from my 1015PN that it had a "graphics switcher" app, that you could choose Nvidia to be the prime GPU that works, disabling intel entirely, until you reboot again or choose to work in "optimus" mode ( i.e intel is working as default, unless you config certain app to be running on Nvidia GPU ). You can try this app if it help at all, which I think you won't be able to use it as it was written for x32 based OS ( you got x64 I presume ) - get it from HERE under utillities.

Are you working on win 10 by any chance ?
Because dear MS changed the way app's DPI scales in comparison to win8.1, which is a headache from some apps/games on win10.
READ ABOUT IT HERE and HERE

Lastly, Please note again my 1st comment on this reply so please contact the admins to remove the other thread.

EDIT: it seems as you've found a better suitable forum to discus this specific app related issue.
As your "issue" is NOT something that happens on any other game/app you use, beside ISBoxer,
Please contact ISBoxer's developers and ask them to add support for Optimus.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]