cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GL551JW] Win10 crash on sleep issue.

bartat404
Level 7
I've been having this issue with my laptop for a while now, where it will behave as if the laptop is going to sleep, but when it's awoken, it starts up from a cold boot. The laptop even thinks it's in sleep mode as the power light does the periodic flashing.

I have tried

• Re-installing Win10
  • Removing Beta BIOS and installing the latest
  • Re-installing Drivers
  • Summoning King Maou Satan

Is there anyone who can shed some light on this situation so I can get my laptop to behaving like a laptop again?
Thanks!

ASUS ROG GL551JW
Intel Core i7-4720HQ 16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
8 REPLIES 8

AsSaSsInJ0HN
Level 7
same issue here.... beta bios prob or win10 prob

AsSaSsInJ0HN wrote:
same issue here.... beta bios prob or win10 prob

Well I originally thought it was the beta BIOS, so I installed the latest official BIOS, and I still suffer the issue.

ASUS ROG GL551JW
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Gps3dx
Level 12
Hello,
Have you tried to DISABLE FAST BOOT inside windows & bios ???
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
Hello,
Have you tried to DISABLE FAST BOOT inside windows & bios ???

Thanks for the tip. I took it a step further (Since I could not find the setting to disable just fast boot in the BIOS) and enabled CSM BIOS mode to eliminate UEFI booting, and sleep still causes the issue.
(I'm running BIOS 207 for reference)

ASUS ROG GL551JW
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

bartat404 wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I took it a step further (Since I could not find the setting to disable just fast boot in the BIOS) and enabled CSM BIOS mode to eliminate UEFI booting, and sleep still causes the issue.
(I'm running BIOS 207 for reference)

:rolleyes: although I didn't mentioned it right I meant that you should DISABLE THIS BUT CERTAINLY DO NOT ENABLE CSM ( unless you want your Ferrari to run on 1 horse speed ) -> reason for that, read in my guide "How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way"
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

dunedune
Level 7
I Believe this issue from Windows 10 because many users reported same problem from other sites . Thats because windows 10 contains some bugs and some missing files that is no longer available or damaged . by the way have u tried to install windows 8.1 ?

The Beta BIOS is fine ,Actually those users who had BETA in Windows 8 does not having this issue .

bartat404
Level 7
I'm actually getting BSOD's on waking from sleep. All relating to the Intel GPU, but different types.

ASUS ROG GL551JW
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

same sleep mode issue but after installing intel graphic driver, anyone solved issue