cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL551JW-WH71(WX) graphic issues

bongochoom
Level 7
Hi, I just bought this gaming laptop from new egg that cannot run game properly. issues are:
1) every time i play game, there is color dots and black screen appears than goes away repeatedly.
2) some times it shows me that a crashed 3D images or black ring shape( literally huge black ring shape that fits entire screen ).
3) when i play Witcher 3 the graphic driver stops working than the game is not responding.
Is anyone having graphic issues as mine?
do you think this notebook is defective one? or do you think this is just a software issue?
solutions are welcome!
6 REPLIES 6

karenjoysalvado
Level 7
Have you tried contacting Newegg support about it? they should know if that's a defective product. Try updating your drivers too.

SteveHNo96
Level 7
bongochoom wrote:
Hi, I just bought this gaming laptop from new egg that cannot run game properly. issues are:
1) every time i play game, there is color dots and black screen appears than goes away repeatedly.
2) some times it shows me that a crashed 3D images or black ring shape( literally huge black ring shape that fits entire screen ).
3) when i play Witcher 3 the graphic driver stops working than the game is not responding.
Is anyone having graphic issues as mine?
do you think this notebook is defective one? or do you think this is just a software issue?
solutions are welcome!

You don't have a defective laptop. You have a defective graphics card, the 860M. Nvidia has been lazy as hell taking over 2 months to fix the graphics card, and put out a beta driver, version 359.12 that should fix it.

Try downloading driver 359.12 from NVidia's website and see if that helps.

SteveHNo96 wrote:
You don't have a defective laptop. You have a defective graphics card, the 860M. Nvidia has been lazy as hell taking over 2 months to fix the graphics card, and put out a beta driver, version 359.12 that should fix it.

Try downloading driver 359.12 from NVidia's website and see if that helps.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 960M

do they have hot fix for GTX960m too?
thank you

bongochoom wrote:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 960M

do they have hot fix for GTX960m too?
thank you

You might want to check with NVidia. A few people have reported problems with the 960 graphic card, along with the i7-47xx graphics processor.

SteveHNo96 wrote:
You might want to check with NVidia. A few people have reported problems with the 960 graphic card, along with the i7-47xx graphics processor.

can I have some links If you have them?

SteveHNo96 wrote:

Ive had this problem with my 960m card in my ROG GL551JW, the only solution I got from them was to wait for a fix, and that was over a month ago, and upgrading to newer gpu drivers make the error worse. If anyone has a solution to this, please let me know