cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL551JW-DS74 not showing the Kingston SSD

Compwxr
Level 9
Hello there, recently I bought a Asus Gl551JW-CN086H equivalent to DS74 which comes with GTX960 4gb and 1TB HDD HGST + 128GB Kingston Msata SSD.
The problem is that the SSD isn't showing anywhere. Laptop came with windows installed in HDD and at BIOS/WIN there ain't any mention to a SSD installed even thought it is. Is it driver's related, BIOS config related. Or just a reason to send it back to replace?
- Compwxr - Volter Team - Check us at http://voltground.com

5 REPLIES 5

PudaVida
Level 7
I have had the same issue. This is a very bad situation because I had important data on the C drive didn't get a chance to back it up and the PC had a windows blue screen and now I cant get the OS to see the drive at all. The bios will see it however when you boot to windows nothing. I'm very disappointed with this PC from a disaster recovery standpoint.

ASUS really messed up with this design. I live in Costa Rica and ASUS said I can return the PC for repair however there is a small dent in the case and they will not honor the warranty.

I have pulled the mSata drive out reinstalled the OS 50 times and still cant get it to recognize in windows. I have spent weeks FN with this thing and now its set to run without the mSata which makes it just like my backup ROG laptop. I am very disappointed that there is absolutely no info about how to recover this PC back to original on the ASUS site. Next PC will be an Origin.

ASUS didn't plan for a failure with these mSata's and how do you recover when you can even get to the recovery software because the drive is locked. Would not recommend this PC at all.

I had same issue. Bought in USA, now I live in Brazil. Asus support doen't even have this ssd msata to sell here. I'm very frustared with this laptop. For a 1300$ laptop, this is not expected.

klausx
Level 7
first did you try to assign a letter to the ssd?

klausx wrote:
first did you try to assign a letter to the ssd?

This ssd is not even recognized.

AsSaSsInJ0HN
Level 7
Ssd is dead mate.