cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GW just 1hr of Battery Life

mattpunx90
Level 8
Does anyone found a way to improve this machine very poor battery life?

Read somewhere Asus disabled iGPU so it runs on dGPU when disconnected and that cause the high battery drain. Is it actually that way?

any help or information would be appreciated
9 REPLIES 9

Blake1
Level 10
Hello matt,
May you help to run the Battery Report? We might need to check if the battery capacity has any issue.
Thank you.

actually i did, and it says the battery is ok

Blake1
Level 10
Hi Matt,
then may you share the detail scenario?
Like what mode did you set to and what program or game are you playing.
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hi Matt,
then may you share the detail scenario?
Like what mode did you set to and what program or game are you playing.
Thank you.

It's on windows mode/balanced and just using browser to video playback. Nothing that should drain it as fast as it does.

i checked and dGPU seems not to be using while battery use. Nontheless battery saving mode is ON, screen dimmed to lowest bright, and the laptop is providing me no more than 1 hour and 8 mins of battery life. How can this be running only on iGPU and web browsing?

Still waiting for a response on why this laptop supposed to have optimus and run on igpu while on battery use can't provide over 1 hour of use

BigJohnny
Level 13
I have yet to see one of the "Gaming" laptops get decent battery run time. My G752VY under heavy use gets 45 mins tops and about 2 hours doing menial tasks with a brand new battery. They are power hogs.

Repaste

xcosmos wrote:
Repaste

if it was overheating, yes. Battery life, another topic

BigJohnny wrote:
I have yet to see one of the "Gaming" laptops get decent battery run time. My G752VY under heavy use gets 45 mins tops and about 2 hours doing menial tasks with a brand new battery. They are power hogs.

it's supposed to be a laptop with a 3:30hs of battery life at least