cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GS Scar strix II audio issue

vaqar001
Level 7
Hi just got the GL504GS Strix Scar II a few months back and im facing issues with the Audio. What happens is that whenever I watch any youtube video or any movie on media player or play games after few seconds the laptop speaker audio decreases automatically and sometimes fluctuates from high to mid or mid to low then again goes to high or remains low until I restart my laptop. Basically it decreases even if the volume is set to 100%. Once I restart the laptop the audio becomes ok until I do tasks like watching videos or play games the problem returns. This problem only affects the laptop built in speaker volume. WIth wired or Bluetooth headset or HDMI connected to TV the sound remains normal. Now I don't know if this is Asus's problem or is it windows 10 issue. But eventually the speakers are fine as on system restart every thing goes back to normal until I open a game or play any video.
Now with that said I have done every thing possible like system restore to factory state, resetting system for reinstalling windows, updating or uninstalling and reinstalling the realtek audio drivers from the Asus support and download page but what ever I do the problem is there. Its extremely annoying that after every thing iv done to troubleshoot this problem its still there like a leech. Very disappointed with Asus because since iv bought this laptop I have not enjoyed it rather than to trouble shoot it till date. First it was the Buggy Aura software which luckily got an update and now its ok now this audio issue, I need urgent help if someone can guide me to fix this super annoying problem. This is my first Asus gaming laptop and first such problem that im facing in any laptop that iv ever used. PLEASE HELP...
22 REPLIES 22

-It already restored from factory as 3 times and the same
- Now install the new driver that is in the Asus page and nothing.
-Technical support gave me the most absurd solution of all, to return the equipment for warranty. It's like if the car does not turn me on, tell me to get off the car and go back to riding.

I'm sure it's not a hardware problem, it must be some conflict or driver issue. But I can not find the propble.

I have installed several drivers and several driver update programs and still nothing.

same problem, I have already installed several drivers and nothing, I have restarted several times and nothing. The ASUS customer service grosses only give one solution that is to return the equipment. I'm sure it's a Drivers problem but I do not know how to solve

i think i found whats causing the issue. for some reason windows thinks that the device is constantly in a call. it then decides to mute the volume.
turning it off has solved this issue for me. might help

ReaperKain wrote:

i think i found whats causing the issue. for some reason windows thinks that the device is constantly in a call. it then decides to mute the volume.
turning it off has solved this issue for me. might help

How do you do this exactly (preferably with screenshots) ? Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have this same problem of sound fluctuation, and also with the mic, which don't work at all... Check, I think it's the same for you.
The only solution I've encountered is to restore all the parametres without erasing your data. After this the system restart with factory settings, with the correct and working driver. It fixed all the audio issues, as the speakers, working perfectly, the mic, simply working, and also other issues (I had with Asus AURA but which wasn't important)...
I think that if I can't find any solution, I will restore the system... I'll just have to re-install some programs.

/!\ If any of you try this solution, PLEASE tell us the version of the Realtek driver, which has to be 6.0.0001.XXXX. You can see it quickly with Dxdiag.

I think that should fix all our issues, because Asus built this notebook with a special version of the Realtek driver, and they didn't knew that its updates were unstable. For this there isn't to update the initial driver, waiting for Asus to adapt the new versions to their computers.

I disabled NVIDIA High Definition Audio under Device Manager -> Sound, video, and game controllers and then rebooted. So far so good. Will post an update in a day or two letting everyone know if it sticks.

Hi everyone

Just to let you know I have the same issue as you all, with sound fluctuating when I'm using the built-in speakers. I haven't found a fix yet, but I haven't tried to disable the NVidia stuff. I'll let you know if it solves the issue. I've seen plenty of people complaining about the sound, I'm a bit disappointed for a 2500$ computer 😞

Also, does anyone know where I can get the ROG HD audio manager? Can't find it on the drivers page.

Thanks a lot

BorisD wrote:
Hi everyone

Just to let you know I have the same issue as you all, with sound fluctuating when I'm using the built-in speakers. I haven't found a fix yet, but I haven't tried to disable the NVidia stuff. I'll let you know if it solves the issue. I've seen plenty of people complaining about the sound, I'm a bit disappointed for a 2500$ computer 😞

Also, does anyone know where I can get the ROG HD audio manager? Can't find it on the drivers page.

Thanks a lot

Hi,

this is the link of ROG HD audio manager, please kindly try it as below:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/DriverforWin10/Audio/Audio_Realtek_W10_64_AVO_V6018639.z...

after installing it, you can get all programs of audio 🙂

xhitman88x wrote:
I disabled NVIDIA High Definition Audio under Device Manager -> Sound, video, and game controllers and then rebooted. So far so good. Will post an update in a day or two letting everyone know if it sticks.

UPDATE - Sorry for the delay but just letting you guys know this is still working well for me. Try it out and let us know if it fixes it for you too.

i have G704GV model and i have the same issue , right side speaker sometimes isn't working , but only solution i found is that while booting i go to the boot menu (spamming F2 key) and just exit the boot menu. Thats it 😄 right side speaker just works again . although i noticed that if i turn the laptop on battery (no plugged in) the issue seem to be recurring