cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GS Last Resort help with GPU Code 43 and artifacts on screen even on BIOS

melvinrv
Level 7
After a windows update (July 14), I had 100% CPU usage and could basically do nothing because my computer would get stuck. Afterwards, I tried uninstalling the windows update and it didn't work, so I tried a system restore. After the system restore, my laptop started showing artifacts on the screen, even on BIOS. I couldn't figure out why, but my computer CPU stopped being at 100% of the time, but now my GPU is giving me Code 43 under Device Manager. I have done a clean wipe of Windows twice, I've reinstalled drivers through Windows, through Nvidia and none have worked. I have permanent artifacts on screen even at BIOS and I cannot see the Asus ROG startup logo, I can only hear the sound. This is my last resort before I retire this god forsaken laptop. It's not even two years old and I have had such troubles with it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

GL504GS GTX 1070 version with i7 8750H
2 REPLIES 2

PowerPein
Level 7
melvinrv wrote:
After a windows update (July 14), I had 100% CPU usage and could basically do nothing because my computer would get stuck. Afterwards, I tried uninstalling the windows update and it didn't work, so I tried a system restore. After the system restore, my laptop started showing artifacts on the screen, even on BIOS. I couldn't figure out why, but my computer CPU stopped being at 100% of the time, but now my GPU is giving me Code 43 under Device Manager. I have done a clean wipe of Windows twice, I've reinstalled drivers through Windows, through Nvidia and none have worked. I have permanent artifacts on screen even at BIOS and I cannot see the Asus ROG startup logo, I can only hear the sound. This is my last resort before I retire this god forsaken laptop. It's not even two years old and I have had such troubles with it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

GL504GS GTX 1070 version with i7 8750H

Hi,

Look at this opportunity:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=83872

This image is from my own notebook. The monitor terminal was pinched to the power circuit socket. This year my notebook will be 2 years old and so far I have had to repair it: replace thermal paste with liquid metal, shield the video card fan cable, adjust the display cable. I don't trust the service technicians, I've had a bad experience with it, but if the warranty is still valid for the machine, I have to try to replace it through it.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello melvinrv,
Please kindly send your device to service center for further examination.
Thank you.