cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GM sound issue after waking from sleep

Nihck5
Level 7
When I close the lid on my GL504GM, let it go to sleep and then open it up again, sound no longer works. Sound doesn't come out from the speakers nor a plugged in headset. A restart solves the issue. Windows troubleshooter doesn't find the issue and windows volume mixer shows that sound is being played. Plugging and unpluging a headset sometimes gets it to work. The speaker test in the Realtek Audio Console also sometimes works, despite sound not working from anywhere else. I don't have sonic studio installed because of the nahimic service bug. My nahimic service is still running. Stopping the nahimic service does not solve the issue. I've tried uninstalling the audio device in device manager and reinstalling the drivers as well, doesn't help. Anyone else or just me? I suspect it might be because i dont have sonic studio installed?
7 REPLIES 7

dalladirosa
Level 7
I have the same problem too, but not after sleep. is randomly don't work and sometime notification sound is out like beep sound, try to disable and enable the sound it's work for me

McCoy
Level 8
Nihck5 wrote:
When I close the lid on my GL504GM, let it go to sleep and then open it up again, sound no longer works. Sound doesn't come out from the speakers nor a plugged in headset. A restart solves the issue. Windows troubleshooter doesn't find the issue and windows volume mixer shows that sound is being played. Plugging and unpluging a headset sometimes gets it to work. The speaker test in the Realtek Audio Console also sometimes works, despite sound not working from anywhere else. I don't have sonic studio installed because of the nahimic service bug. My nahimic service is still running. Stopping the nahimic service does not solve the issue. I've tried uninstalling the audio device in device manager and reinstalling the drivers as well, doesn't help. Anyone else or just me? I suspect it might be because i dont have sonic studio installed?

No it is not, Nahimic service might crash, please check logs for crash dump for Nahimic.

McCoy wrote:
No it is not, Nahimic service might crash, please check logs for crash dump for Nahimic.

I’ve checked and confirmed that there are no new nahimic crash logs being created.*

Nihck5 wrote:
I’ve checked and confirmed that there are no new nahimic crash logs being created.*

If were you, i'd already re-install fresh Windows from MDT from Microsoft web-site. Do clean and install, and see how it works.

Nihck5
Level 7
Uninstalling the driver and letting windows audio troubleshooter install the original 6.0.1.8437 driver solved the issue. So I currently don't have the realtek audio console nor sonic studio installed. To be honest, i'm not sure that i'm missing anything besides a notification when i plug in a headset. Nahimic service is still running, uninstalling the realtek driver didn't stop that.. but it doesn't crash or give me any errors since sonic studio is not installed to call on it I assume. I'm not gonna bother updating the drivers until ASUS / realtek sorts all of that out.

Nihck5
Level 7
Update:
So while the windows installed 6.0.1.8437 solved the issue of not having any sound, it brought its own problems. On 6.0.1.8437 after the pc slept for a while, sometimes all sounds would become extremely distorted and crackled, really unusable. So I updated the drivers to 6.0.1.8519 once again and i'm back to the original issue. No sound in *some* applications after a sleep. Sound still plays from the netflix app for example, but not from games or from chrome. I'll have to avoid sleeping the pc until a realtek driver update is released from asus on their support page.

Another update: Disabling and re-enabling the speaker in playback list under sound settings fixes this, but this only fixes the current audio source playing. For example, if i play a youtube video after a pc sleep, there wont be any sound. If i thin disable and enable the speaker in the windows playback settings then sound will play. But if i then close chrome and re-open it, there won't be ay sound and i have to disable and re-enable the speaker again.
I should reiterate that none of these problems exist if the pc doesnt go to sleep.

Nihck5
Level 7
Problem fixed following a windows 1809 reset and the bios and driver updates installed by Windows update.