cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GM Hero II - High Integrated GPU Usage Over Dedicated One

Salahaddin94
Level 7
Over the last 2-3 weeks, my laptop has been relying on the internal GPU (Intel) more than the dedicated GPU (GTX 1060) and because of that, I've been getting a significant amount of frame drops lately.

I noticed the issue first when I was playing Battlefield V. I used to play normally with the optimal settings that Nvidia GeForce Experience recommends, getting around 45-60 fps. But now I can't even play that game anymore, even if I lower the settings I get around 15-30 fps or less.

I noticed that with every other game as well. The CPU reaches 90-100% due to using the integrated GPU while the GTX 1060 doesn't get utilized much.

I've tried removing and reinstalling my GPU drivers and reverting back to previous versions, but nothing changed.

I've been looking on the net to find a solution, but I couldn't get anything useful.

Has anyone faced that same issue?!

My specs:
- CPU: i7-8750H
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
- RAM: 16 GB 2666MHz

-----------
Edit:

I've tried these:
- Force the game to use dedicated GPU through Nvidia Control Panel.
- Check for BIOS
- Check for Windows Update
- Restore default BIOS settings.
- Check for other background programs that may use up the CPU.
2 REPLIES 2

Tor_Spo
Level 8
Salahaddin94 wrote:
Over the last 2-3 weeks, my laptop has been relying on the internal GPU (Intel) more than the dedicated GPU (GTX 1060) and because of that, I've been getting a significant amount of frame drops lately.

I noticed the issue first when I was playing Battlefield V. I used to play normally with the optimal settings that Nvidia GeForce Experience recommends, getting around 45-60 fps. But now I can't even play that game anymore, even if I lower the settings I get around 15-30 fps or less.

I noticed that with every other game as well. The CPU reaches 90-100% due to using the integrated GPU while the GTX 1060 doesn't get utilized much.

I've tried removing and reinstalling my GPU drivers and reverting back to previous versions, but nothing changed.

I've been looking on the net to find a solution, but I couldn't get anything useful.

Has anyone faced that same issue?!

My specs:
- CPU: i7-8750H
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
- RAM: 16 GB 2666MHz

hi,

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/

use nvidia control panel to set your global driver profiles gpu to GTX 1060.

Tor_Spo wrote:
hi,

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/

use nvidia control panel to set your global driver profiles gpu to GTX 1060.

I've already tried this and it doesn't work. But thanks for the suggestion!