cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GM : Fps drops, audio disappearing and fan overboost (solved problems & new one)

RemSinus
Level 7
Hello !

FPS DROPS :
I've been experiencing huge fps drops as many of us while playing videogames on my new ROG GL504GM for two months now.
After reading all posts and testing all the solutions proposed, i could finally solve these drops by :
- updating BIOS to new 307 version
- and/or (because i have tested this second solution at the same time i was updating the BIOS so i don't know which one solved my problem, or if both worked) i stopped using my cooling pad (who's apparently causing fps drops either by its slope or its interferences with ROG cooling system).
I don't know if it would work for you but apparently it worked for many people.
Try these two and hopefully you'll get rid of these drops ! (Even though heat remains quite high when you're playing games like PUBG, etc).

SOUND LOSS :
I was losing audio randomly as some people also experienced, after waking the computer back from sleep, but also simply by not listening to anything for a few minutes.
It all came back (until now) without problems with the new 1809 Windows Update.
Has probably been fixed.

I wanted to get these two problems with the solutions that worked for me in the same topic as i had to search and read for many posts to finally find solutions.
Hope it will help !
Now my problem :

FAN OVERBOOST : REQUESTING HELP
I canno't, from Gaming Center, change the Fan Mode. It is locked on Balanced : when i choose Silent or Overboost, it doesn't change.
As my computer's heat is still (and i guess will always be) quite high, i would like to set this mode to Overboost to increase ventilation.

Thank you in advance for any help on this last topic and i hope you guys can fix your fps and audio problems !
Thanks btw to you all for this active forum
5 REPLIES 5

McCoy
Level 8
RemSinus wrote:
Hello !

FPS DROPS :
I've been experiencing huge fps drops as many of us while playing videogames on my new ROG GL504GM for two months now.
After reading all posts and testing all the solutions proposed, i could finally solve these drops by :
- updating BIOS to new 307 version
- and/or (because i have tested this second solution at the same time i was updating the BIOS so i don't know which one solved my problem, or if both worked) i stopped using my cooling pad (who's apparently causing fps drops either by its slope or its interferences with ROG cooling system).
I don't know if it would work for you but apparently it worked for many people.
Try these two and hopefully you'll get rid of these drops ! (Even though heat remains quite high when you're playing games like PUBG, etc).

SOUND LOSS :
I was losing audio randomly as some people also experienced, after waking the computer back from sleep, but also simply by not listening to anything for a few minutes.
It all came back (until now) without problems with the new 1809 Windows Update.
Has probably been fixed.

I wanted to get these two problems with the solutions that worked for me in the same topic as i had to search and read for many posts to finally find solutions.
Hope it will help !
Now my problem :

FAN OVERBOOST : REQUESTING HELP
I canno't, from Gaming Center, change the Fan Mode. It is locked on Balanced : when i choose Silent or Overboost, it doesn't change.
As my computer's heat is still (and i guess will always be) quite high, i would like to set this mode to Overboost to increase ventilation.

Thank you in advance for any help on this last topic and i hope you guys can fix your fps and audio problems !
Thanks btw to you all for this active forum

GL504GS - control for fans NOT WORKING from Gaming Center +1! Nor from mobileapp

Few days after fixing my fps drops and audio shutting problems with the updates mentioned above, here's what happened :

- AUDIO has not been fixed at all by Windows update 1809. I thought it was since i had no more audio loss for no reason, but it all started to come back today.
Need new solution for this.
- FPS DROPS on videogames had disappeared for couple days, and they still absent in the way they used to happen (dropping to 10 fps max for 15 sec, every 1 or two minutes), but i keep having (sometimes, like once every 5 min) fps drops (from 60-70 fps to 20 for 5 sec max), but since they're scarcer i can deal with it.
I assume these rare drops are probably due to overheating and i won't probably fix them (reminder : happening on PUBG running on very low/low setting on my GL504GM)

If you guys have better solutions for these two problems
And
A way to control FAN OVERBOOST
Don't hesitate

Cya

Hello, I have a GL504GM, and when I put the laptop over a cooling pad, the fps drps appear. I don't know why, but when the laptop is not on a flat surface, the lag appears while gaming. Its absurd.
Also, I recomment to turn ON boost mode for the fans, I also experience some fps dros when the fans set to MEDIUM.So set it to HIGH.
The issue with audio, I also have it, and its really annoying. I don't know how to fix it. There´s a new version of the REALTEK audio driver for the new models with the RTX graphics. But I don't know if they work in the GL504GM model.
We just have to wait until Asus decide to give a care on the old models and update drivers.
To me, there are other problems to. The touchpad is terrible. Sometimes it just freaks out, and its not precise. It´s also annoying.

Nihck5
Level 7
Has anyone tried the updated Realtek drivers listed for the gl504gv on the official support page?*Version V6.0.1.8564

Update: tried it. No issues so far, but I’ll monitor it and see. *

Update in case someone with solutions sees this :

On my GL504GM :
- BIOS Update & No more cooling pad seem to have fix my fps drops (experienced on PUBG)
- Fan Overboost control : STILL NO WAY TO CHANGE THE MODE
- Audio loss : STILL LOSING AUDIO FOR NO REASON AFTER A SHORT TIME OF INACTIVITY ON THE COMPUTER (tried to update Realtek directly from Asus pilotes, not working).