Unfortunately I am also an user experiencing a similar annoying issue on the ASUS GL504GM. Here the details:
- the sound randomly disappears while playing from any kind of sources (chrome tab, windows media player, games);
- sometimes it happens during playing, sometimes it happens just after starting windows;
- I've noticed that it occurs extremely randomly; the only way to get back the sound it's to turn the speakers off and then back on, or activate the windows spatial sounds for headphones (even if no headphones are plugged in).
- The issue doesn't appears during the ROG splashscreen at the very first boot of the PC (I can always hear the sound);
- The driver installed currently is the REALTEK(R)AUDIO; I tried both the version on the ASUS support website but the issue persists; windows update installs the same driver so there's no way to try another driver.
The ASUS customer care suggested a full restoration of the system but I'm quite sure would not solve the issue since 90% (in my opinion) is related to the drivers.
Hope to find a solution with you and get some assistance from other users.
Some news about my issue. I tried to use DriverMax to be able to update the soundcard driver and finally got the last update of it.
After a few days it seems to be solved. I suggest to give it a try usign any automatical driver updater software.
Unfortunately this did not solve my issue 😞 Installed and rebooted, but no luck.
hi, so i've been having audio issues too with my GL504, so i tried googling, until i stumbled into this help page by microsoft.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sound-randomly-stops-working-o... , look for the reply by Sher Amo.. i did that, and i got the page ( https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=HDAUDIO%5CFUNC_01%26VEN_10EC%26DEV_0294 ) that have the 8564 driver. i installed it, and i will report back if the issue is replicated or cured.
Did this work? How do you install the file?
i've been using this for a while, without turning off the computer, only sleep, and i'm pretty mobile, so i sleep my computer 5 - 6 times a day, and never have the problem so far.
i just unarchive the content and try to update it through device manager, after that i said i have the driver files, then point to the unarchived file folder.