cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gl504gm bios 312 issue with undervolt

Daniel_Shaw
Level 10
Hi all
Bios updated to 312 now the undervolt option in intel XTU is now grayed out. Throttlestop will not apply settings either.

How come this has been stopped ?

How can I flash back to previous bios ?

Thanks
1,030 Views
9 REPLIES 9

unclewebb
Level 10
Daniel Shaw wrote:
How come this has been stopped ?

Intel uncovered a security vulnerability called Plundervolt. Intel decided that blocking CPU voltage control while in Windows would be the easiest and cheapest way to handle this problem.

https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/support/articles/000055804/processors.html

Hopefully your computer allows you to go back to the previous BIOS version.

Joanne1
Level 8
Hi Daniel Shaw,

As unclewbb said, the latest BIOS locked undervolt function due to Intel's statement.
if you would like to downgrade your BIOS, please try this link : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GL504GM/GL504GMAS311.zip
or directly click " See All Downloads" below BIOS and select BIOS 311 from here : https://www.asus.com/hk/Laptops/ROG-Strix-Hero-II/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Sorry if it caused any inconvenience.
Thank you! 🙂

Joanne@ASUS wrote:
Hi Daniel Shaw,

As unclewbb said, the latest BIOS locked undervolt function due to Intel's statement.
if you would like to downgrade your BIOS, please try this link : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GL504GM/GL504GMAS311.zip
or directly click " See All Downloads" below BIOS and select BIOS 311 from here : https://www.asus.com/hk/Laptops/ROG-Strix-Hero-II/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Sorry if it caused any inconvenience.
Thank you! 🙂

May we know the detailed changelog of BIOS firmware from 306?

Joanne@ROG wrote:
Hi Daniel Shaw,

As unclewbb said, the latest BIOS locked undervolt function due to Intel's statement.
if you would like to downgrade your BIOS, please try this link : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GL504GM/GL504GMAS311.zip
or directly click " See All Downloads" below BIOS and select BIOS 311 from here : https://www.asus.com/hk/Laptops/ROG-Strix-Hero-II/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Sorry if it caused any inconvenience.
Thank you! 🙂


ASUS has taken down any old BIOS versions for this laptop. Basically the laptop is now useless because it is giving FPS drops to 3 fps every 10 seconds in Cyberpunk.
Main: i9-10980XE - Rampage VI Extreme Encore - 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600 CL16 - Strix RTX 3090 - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Corsair AX1500i - Samsung 960 PRO 1 TB + Intel 600P 1TB - Water cooling
HTPC: i7-6950X - X99-M WS - 32 GB G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4-2400 - GTX1050TI - Bitfenix Pandora - Corsair AX860 - Intel 750 400 GB + Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO
All around: i9-7980XE - Rampage VI Extreme - 64 GB G.Skill 4000 CL18-19-19-39 - Strix RTX3090 - Phanteks P500A - Samsung 960 EVO 512 GB - Water cooling

xarot wrote:
ASUS has taken down any old BIOS versions for this laptop. Basically the laptop is now useless because it is giving FPS drops to 3 fps every 10 seconds in Cyberpunk.

they recently release the bios 313, I maybe have a copy of 311 which undervolt 9is still allowed

tap002
Level 9
Want my money back Asus!

tap002 wrote:
Want my money back Asus!


Please read the comments that this cause by intel not asus. also asus made it easily to rollback your firmware to previous version, on another manufacturer you cannot do that

silvergem wrote:
Please read the comments that this cause by intel not asus. also asus made it easily to rollback your firmware to previous version, on another manufacturer you cannot do that


Asus took my $1365 not Intel. It is incumbent on Asus to provide a usable laptop.

tap002 wrote:
Asus took my $1365 not Intel. It is incumbent on Asus to provide a usable laptop.

It is still usable on mine. we rollback LOL