cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VSK Audio Driver problem ( and the combo jack)

imanakrami
Level 7
Hi fellow Rogers,
I have recently bought a ROG GL502VSK ( or as it is also named: ROG GL502VS (7th Gen Intel Core))
i will try to explain the issue point by point.

The Problem:
- The combo audio/mic jack doesnt work! audio works fine but whenever i connect even the included ROG headset, it doesnt recongnize the mic. there is no pop up to choose etc. i DID check with other headset and none worked. so , i have a combo jack that only works as an audio output jack.
The situation
- I mistakingly formatted the C: drive before I back up the folder ( or the default driver folder) and therefore i don't have access to the original drivers.
- there is NO audio driver download ( as well as a lot of other tools) in the driver download page for this model! check here this is a very weird issue!
- as i remember , there was a sonic studio pre-installed, and that's not in the driver download page too. ( not a big problem though)
- the default REALTEK drivers don't work. i downloaded from realtek page, from autodownload driver softwares and even windows 10 auto search, none solved the problem. none of the fix the combo jack problem.

The desired fixes ( that i can think of)

- can some one be kind enough to upload the original esupport or edriver folder of a ROG GL502VSK ( not GL502VS) so i can download it and have the audio driver alongside other tools?
- Or, can someone tell me of a place or a link that i can download a workning driver?
- or can somone, provide a fix for this?

P.S i have all the included gear and as the headset worked fine before reinistalling windows ( there was a pop up every time i connected it) i think the driver is the problem.

thank you for the time you're going to spend on this matter.
3 REPLIES 3

intersectRaven
Level 7
I also have this problem since the unit I bought doesn't have an OS installed.

TheInfinium
Level 7
imanakrami wrote:
Hi fellow Rogers,
I have recently bought a ROG GL502VSK ( or as it is also named: ROG GL502VS (7th Gen Intel Core))
i will try to explain the issue point by point.

The Problem:
- The combo audio/mic jack doesnt work! audio works fine but whenever i connect even the included ROG headset, it doesnt recongnize the mic. there is no pop up to choose etc. i DID check with other headset and none worked. so , i have a combo jack that only works as an audio output jack.
The situation
- I mistakingly formatted the C: drive before I back up the folder ( or the default driver folder) and therefore i don't have access to the original drivers.
- there is NO audio driver download ( as well as a lot of other tools) in the driver download page for this model! check here this is a very weird issue!
- as i remember , there was a sonic studio pre-installed, and that's not in the driver download page too. ( not a big problem though)
- the default REALTEK drivers don't work. i downloaded from realtek page, from autodownload driver softwares and even windows 10 auto search, none solved the problem. none of the fix the combo jack problem.

The desired fixes ( that i can think of)

- can some one be kind enough to upload the original esupport or edriver folder of a ROG GL502VSK ( not GL502VS) so i can download it and have the audio driver alongside other tools?
- Or, can someone tell me of a place or a link that i can download a workning driver?
- or can somone, provide a fix for this?

P.S i have all the included gear and as the headset worked fine before reinistalling windows ( there was a pop up every time i connected it) i think the driver is the problem.

thank you for the time you're going to spend on this matter.

All drivers you can find here: https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/G502VS/HelpDesk_Download/
Also I found this page: https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24364-latest-realtek-audio-codecs/?page=14
I hope you like it 🙂
You just need to choose GL502 VSK in menu. That's all.
If there will be some kind of problems with it I can also share files through OneDrive.

I have different issue with this GL. I can't use S/pdif. Does this model support it? I can't find full spec for this device.
Also I can't start using SonicRadar 2. I tried almost everything but with no luck. Any ideas?

TheInfinium wrote:
All drivers you can find here: https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/G502VS/HelpDesk_Download/
Also I found this page: https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24364-latest-realtek-audio-codecs/?page=14
I hope you like it 🙂
You just need to choose GL502 VSK in menu. That's all.
If there will be some kind of problems with it I can also share files through OneDrive.

I have different issue with this GL. I can't use S/pdif. Does this model support it? I can't find full spec for this device.
Also I can't start using SonicRadar 2. I tried almost everything but with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time ,
The problem is when you choose GL502VSK , the is No Audio driver listed, and most audio drivers don't fix the combo jack problem.

BUT, the dear usera FASTM kindly shared a link to his esupport folder and i installed the audio driver ( not for this model per seh, but it worked great) and now the problem is gone.
Asus really should fix the driver page of This model.
here's the link to the folder
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w86vgzd5wnpcu5e/AAAusiJNSKIBZJAFI2PE4hCWa?dl=0