cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gl502vs usb ports not working (except one)

Neeto_Guido
Level 7
About a year ago I had a windows update that broke 2 of my USB ports at the same time. only one of my USB 3.0 slots still function. I was told by both Asus and Microsoft support that the issue would be fixed in future updates. Ive since been working on this for the past few weeks with no luck.

There was a similar thread here for a G series notebook having the exact same issue Link to thread --> HERE

I followed every bit of advice in that thread with no luck.
I've also reinstalled windows (keeping files) but no change.
I went ahead and opened up the laptop to clean and thoroughly inspect the soldering on the ports. I'm no expert but everything seems to be in order.

All my drivers are up to date at this point. my best guess is there may be a conflicting driver but I'm unable to find any issue relating to the USB in the event logs.

Some other oddities: I have noticed that a few of my devices do in fact receive power when plugged into the ports but the PC itself does not detect them.
for example. my xbox controller lights up when plugged into any of the ports. but only functions in the one working port.
my razer mouse wont power up at all in the broken slots.

System info
im runing a GL502VS (Asus ROG Strix with i7)
im happy to provide any information or screenshots that you geniuses need.

If you made it here, thank you for reading, 😮 I would love to hear your thoughts.
6 REPLIES 6

Veno_V_
Level 7
Neeto Guido wrote:
About a year ago I had a windows update that broke 2 of my USB ports at the same time. only one of my USB 3.0 slots still function. I was told by both Asus and Microsoft support that the issue would be fixed in future updates. Ive since been working on this for the past few weeks with no luck.

There was a similar thread here for a G series notebook having the exact same issue Link to thread --> HERE

I followed every bit of advice in that thread with no luck.
I've also reinstalled windows (keeping files) but no change.
I went ahead and opened up the laptop to clean and thoroughly inspect the soldering on the ports. I'm no expert but everything seems to be in order.

All my drivers are up to date at this point. my best guess is there may be a conflicting driver but I'm unable to find any issue relating to the USB in the event logs.

Some other oddities: I have noticed that a few of my devices do in fact receive power when plugged into the ports but the PC itself does not detect them.
for example. my xbox controller lights up when plugged into any of the ports. but only functions in the one working port.
my razer mouse wont power up at all in the broken slots.

System info
im runing a GL502VS (Asus ROG Strix with i7)
im happy to provide any information or screenshots that you geniuses need.

If you made it here, thank you for reading, 😮 I would love to hear your thoughts.

I would love to know also if anyone can help? I've been going CRAZY trying to figure this out!!!

as of today all my USB ports dont work.

this was my 3rd asus, I will never buy one again.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Neeto Guido,
Please kindly send your device to service center for further examination.
Thank you.

For anyone reading this Asus wants to charge half of the devices cost to just look and see if they CAN fix it.Â*

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Neeto Guido,
Is there something wrong with your repair case?
Please PM me the product SN and RMA number and I will dig in.
Thank you.