cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gl502vs upgrades

MAZAGYE
Level 7
Hi*

wher to find gl502vs rams and ssd ubgrads that granted to work on it i want 16gb ram and 2tb ssd*
6 REPLIES 6

MAZAGYE
Level 7

Yes it will work however I would 1st run the program Speccy and find out what your current memory configuration is as sometimes ASUS is putting 1 x 16 GB sodimm leaving the second slot open in which case all you will need is 1 x 16 GB sodimm. If used memory slots shows as 1 than you have a 16 GB sodimm currently.
I am not sure if ASUS is using DDR4-2400 memory or DDR4-2133 in the GL502VS model which will determine which one you should get. When looking at Speccy results keep in mind that the DRAM frequency listed will be about half. Eg. 1200Mhz for DDR4-2400 or 1066 Mhz for DDR4-2133.
Speccy can be downloaded from here https://www.piriform.com/speccy

I am not sure if you got a model with both a HDD and a SSD? If your machine just has a HDD than you want to look at getting a M.2 2280 SSD and I believe your machine is compatible with both PCIE 3x4 NVMe and SATAIII M.2 SSD's. Which one to get will depend on your budget. I should mention the only 2 TB m.2 SSD I could find was a Samsung 960 Pro but they are quite expensive. You need to ask yourself if you are really going to have 2 TB worth of computer programs installed. I know for me a 512 GB SSD is more than enough for my programs and a 2 TB HDD is more than enough storage space for my Documents, Movies, Music and Pictures and other data files.
The Samsung 960 Pro lines are the fastest however I read some reviews and in most situations you won't notice any speed increase when compared to a Samsung 950 Pro but that depends on what you are doing. Gaming for instance you won't likely notice any difference between it and the fast 960 Pro but doing tasks that require a lot of reads and writes like video rendering than you probably will notice the difference.
If you still want a 2 TB SSD than Crucial does make a 2 TB 2.5" SSD model CT2050MX300SSD1 that's worth looking at.

U2Desire wrote:
I am not sure if you got a model with both a HDD and a SSD? If your machine just has a HDD than you want to look at getting a M.2 2280 SSD and I believe your machine is compatible with both PCIE 3x4 NVMe and SATAIII M.2 SSD's. Which one to get will depend on your budget. I should mention the only 2 TB m.2 SSD I could find was a Samsung 960 Pro but they are quite expensive. You need to ask yourself if you are really going to have 2 TB worth of computer programs installed. I know for me a 512 GB SSD is more than enough for my programs and a 2 TB HDD is more than enough storage space for my Documents, Movies, Music and Pictures and other data files.
The Samsung 960 Pro lines are the fastest however I read some reviews and in most situations you won't notice any speed increase when compared to a Samsung 950 Pro but that depends on what you are doing. Gaming for instance you won't likely notice any difference between it and the fast 960 Pro but doing tasks that require a lot of reads and writes like video rendering than you probably will notice the difference.
If you still want a 2 TB SSD than Crucial does make a 2 TB 2.5" SSD model CT2050MX300SSD1 that's worth looking at.

love you thanks very much

hello.

i want upgrade my memory ram on my ROG GL502VS
i7 6700hq
GTX 1070

i know the frequency is 2133mhz i can upgrade to 2400mhz?

thank you

sloth711 wrote:
hello.

i want upgrade my memory ram on my ROG GL502VS
i7 6700hq
GTX 1070

i know the frequency is 2133mhz i can upgrade to 2400mhz?

thank you

Yes. Just make sure all memory modules are the same size, brand and specs.