cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VS GPU Temp

Deathshero
Level 7
Hello all!

Last September I purchased my first Asus/gaming laptop. I have been enjoying it but I am starting to worry about the GPU temp. I mainly play FFXIV and use the standard (laptop) graphics settings. Before when I was monitoring the temp, it was only hovering around the 60's but last night I noticed the fans were be louder than normal and the temp was pushing up to 70+ and closing in on 80.

Now this was during a raid type setting so it would cause more GPU usesage but the cpu temp was fine or at least nothing that stood out to worry. I did recently update the drivers but has anyone else had this issue? Is it normal?

I also have the a coolmaster fan that the laptop sits on, mainly to keep it propped up for better air flow.
3 REPLIES 3

patrioticalien
Level 7
Deathshero wrote:
Hello all!

Last September I purchased my first Asus/gaming laptop. I have been enjoying it but I am starting to worry about the GPU temp. I mainly play FFXIV and use the standard (laptop) graphics settings. Before when I was monitoring the temp, it was only hovering around the 60's but last night I noticed the fans were be louder than normal and the temp was pushing up to 70+ and closing in on 80.

Now this was during a raid type setting so it would cause more GPU usesage but the cpu temp was fine or at least nothing that stood out to worry. I did recently update the drivers but has anyone else had this issue? Is it normal?

I also have the a coolmaster fan that the laptop sits on, mainly to keep it propped up for better air flow.

70 to 80 under loader is okay, nothing to worry about, keep an eye on it. It could be a combination of things, which are causing higher temps. Most likely it is a small amount of dust & junk which has been sucked up the fans and heat sinks - causing it to run sightly warmer.

Thank you! I used compress air to blow where the vents are, any other tips to try and dust/blow it out? I am ok with opening it if needed but don't want to kill the 1 yr warranty.

patrioticalien wrote:
70 to 80 under loader is okay, nothing to worry about, keep an eye on it. It could be a combination of things, which are causing higher temps. Most likely it is a small amount of dust & junk which has been sucked up the fans and heat sinks - causing it to run sightly warmer.

Running 86 C but not under heavy load. I don't know what my GPU is processing actually. I am worried. Haven't tried gassing my system tho. Any tips?

I suspect this problem has something to do with the driver update.