cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VM Laptop is super loud while gaming?

solrainha
Level 7
Hey guys!

So I bought a new ROG Strix GL502VM and even though this laptop is great, I noticed that it makes a lot of noise while playing Sims 3. It doesn't get too hot though, the concern is really only about the noise it makes. It's not abnormal or anything, just louder than usual.

I've played other stuff and it doesn't make as much noise, so maybe you've got any ideas as to why this happens? Or is it something I shouldn't worry about, taking into account the laptop it is?

I'm pretty new to this kind of forums so I don't know what information would be useful, so here's what may be the most important: it's got 16GB RAM and the graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

I've really no idea if I should be worried about this or not. I've been told that this laptop is great for gaming so I was expecting it to run Sims 3 pretty smoothly (which it does, apart from the noise). It's also the first time I have a gaming laptop so I don't know what to expect from it exactly.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

link626
Level 7
some games stress both the cpu and gpu, and that gets it really hot, so naturally the fans will be running full blast.

you could probably disable turbo boost by setting cpu to 99% in the control panel. That will keep it cooler, and probably won't noticeably affect performance.

mine gets loud in every modern game i've played
it's was quiet only in mass effect 3