cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VM cannot reboot after SSD upgrade

invisns
Level 7
Hello everyone.

I have a problem regarding the SSD upgrade. Installed a new Adata SX8200 Pro 512gb SSD. Tried cloning my HDD to SSD with partial success.
The drive is bootable, when I turn on/off the computer, but whenever I restart I get 0xc000000f error right after ROG Logo on start up.
Removed HDD, did a clean install, still the same problem.
Basically tried every guide on the internet, but still no success.
Any suggestions? Is it possible that the SSD is bad or incompatible?

Laptop I am using GL502VM i7-6700hq, 12gb ram. Win 10
17 REPLIES 17

Kompensan wrote:
You had the same exact issues I experienced with my GL702VM when I upgraded both my SSD and HDD to 2 new SSD. So I am trying to replicate my steps and I know that for sure this is a BIOS issue.

So now you have that code error which is related to the bios boot mgr. Don´t worry as you are going to enable secure boot again after. Can you update again to bios 304 now? If not enable again and downgrade it with the HDD and upgrade it with the SSD. If both disks have the OS then it make s it easier.

The error code is the same i was getting in the begging. When i disable secure boot i dont get any errors, just a blank blue screen.
Tried many different variations, downgrading from hdd, upgrading from ssd. with secure boot enabled and then again with disabled etc, even tried to downgrade to 202. But still no success.

Jesseinsf
Level 10
invisns wrote:
Hello everyone.

I have a problem regarding the SSD upgrade. Installed a new Adata SX8200 Pro 512gb SSD. Tried cloning my HDD to SSD with partial success.
The drive is bootable, when I turn on/off the computer, but whenever I restart I get 0xc000000f error right after ROG Logo on start up.

According to Crucial, only SATA/M.2 is compatible. Not PCIe NVMe.
https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/asus/rog-gl502vm#ssd

Jesseinsf wrote:
According to Crucial, only SATA/M.2 is compatible. Not PCIe NVMe.
https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/asus/rog-gl502vm#ssd

I would say thats not the issue here. as user manual states that it does support both.

The M.2 2280 slot supports both PCIe (NVMe) SSD and SATA SSD.

Also asus did reply, when i asked about Adata sx8200 ssd.

1. This SSD is not tested, so it can be not compatible with notebook.
Tested SSD:

SSD S3 256GB M.2 2280/30100P10 HYNIX/HFS256G39TND-N210A
SSD P3X4 256GB M2 2280 NVME TOSHIBA/THNSN5256GPU7/57XA4104
SSD P3X4 512GB M2 2280 NVME TOSHIBA/THNSN5512GPU7/57XA4104

Anyways ill probably try to resell it, and try to find one that is confirmed to be working correctly.

Have you downloaded the SSD toolbox from ADATA to see if there is a firmware update? If it has the latest firmware, check to see if you can reflash it.
https://www.adata.com/us/ss/software-6/

salviux
Level 7
invisns wrote:
Hello everyone.

my
laptop gl502vm

I bought adata sx8200 pro too. same problem. have you solved?

salviux wrote:
my
laptop gl502vm

I bought adata sx8200 pro too. same problem. have you solved?

Unfortunately i did not and i resell it. If you manage to solve, please let me know. Would be much appreciated.

Does anybody know ssd's that are confirmed to work correctly on gl502vm?

I have a similar issue. I have a GL502VM but mine came with 16 GB RAM, 256 GB m2 SSD(not NVMe), and 1 TB 2,5" HDD. After many years 256GB became too less for the software I mostly use and wanted to upgrade it to 1 TB NVMe8which is supported actually) and I got a 1 TB Crucial P1. Via a cloning mount I clone my C Drive(256 SSD) to the new one. I checked if it is GPT or MBR which in this case should be GPT. Changed the older one with the newer one and PROBLEM! Every time I want to start I got "0xc000000e" error. It says "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code: 0xc000000e

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.".

So I made a recovery USB drive with my older SSD on. But it did not work even a bit. And also tried this https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?100272-boot-into-USB-ASUS-GL502vt

Btw my BIOS Version is 304 but I am not sure if it is about BIOS Version. Now I really don't know what to do cause I already tried couple of times from the beginning to clone it. Thought that s gonna work in just couple of minutes as I directly clone everything but I got only headaches instead of more storage!

Dai
Level 7

I have found the solution guys, whenever I trying to restart, when the rog logo show up, simply press Ctrl, Fn, Alt, Del button simultaneously, and it Works for me