Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games on ASUS GL503vd-GZ257t I5HQ W10 GTX1050 performing poorly

igurmendez
Level 7
Hey there guys,
New guy here. How are you all?

I just bought a new Asus ROG Laptop (model in title). Its has an Intel Core i5-7300HQ Processor, 8 GB RAM and an integrated NVIDIA Geforce 1050 GTX graphic card.

I have downloaded a couple of games (MTG Arena, Fornite, League of Legends, among others) and the computer has been performing poorly. By this, I mean, it has had sudden frame drops in all of the games and sudden crashes in Fornite.

1. I have already entered the NVIDIA Control Panel, activating PhysX configuration to the NVIDIA procesor. I also have Managed the 3D settings by selecting the programs I want the NVIDIA High graphic processor to work with. Nevertheless, this hasn't helped when running the games. (For example, MTG Arena is running on a horrible framerate (below 30s) and its a game that doesn't require too much specs. Fornite is unplayable, even in lowest settings the fps is around 15-20.) I followed the instructions of this website https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/ to set my graphic card.

2) I have already updated the drivers on both my graphic cards (the Intel one and the NVIDIA one).

3) All games I played while the AC charger was plugged in.

Is there something I'm missing? What is the best way to make my PC work in the highest performance? I have troubling understanding why a laptop build specifically for gaming isn't optimized by default. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for the responses!
Have a nice day.
0 REPLIES 0