cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW video driver crash

kauaiboi09
Level 7
i had bought a new G75VW from best buy and had only had it for a few months. it has been running fine untill i was on firefox yesterday and the screen went black. it recovered and it had said that the windows NVIDIA kernal video driver has failed. i updated the driver to 310.90. i rolled it back to the factory setting and am still having the same issue. now i have black squares on my screen that do not go away.
6 REPLIES 6

HulkSmash
Level 8
Sounds like your video card is gone man....did you try to update the drivers through a clean install?

FlareGTX
Level 7
Try reset your bios or
f8 at boot and recover your windows 7
if this dont work shift back to the company

Yes I did a clean install and reinstalled the drivers as well as restarting bios. I'm currently in Japan for a few months and won't have a laptop if I ship but I guess I have no choice

ashue
Level 7
kauaiboi09 wrote:
i had bought a new G75VW from best buy and had only had it for a few months. it has been running fine untill i was on firefox yesterday and the screen went black. it recovered and it had said that the windows NVIDIA kernal video driver has failed. i updated the driver to 310.90. i rolled it back to the factory setting and am still having the same issue. now i have black squares on my screen that do not go away.

it looks like you have a gpu issue here. i also had the same issue that my gpu driver is crashing but for me what caused it, is theconflict that i am having with windows defender while scanning in the background and that is why i opted not to use it then my issue was gone. if you are also using windows defender then you can try to get rid of it and see where it goes but if not then you might want to consider that the gpu is the main issue here. i hope your machine will be ok asap.
ASUS G75VX-T4072H The Ultimate Fighting Machine 😉
Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM Processor
Windows 8
16GB DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM (Hynix+Kingston)
17.3" HD+ EWV (1600 x 900)/Full HD (1920x1080)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
Hitachi 750GB HDD
Western Digital Scorpio Blue 1TB HDD
Super-Multi DVD

Noob Gamer but Loves to Play Games. 😄

still no luck. any more ideas before i have to ship back to the U.S.?

dstrakele
Level 14
Connect your laptop to an external monitor or HDTV to see if the black square artifacts display on both monitors. If so, it confirms a GPU problem. If not, it indicates a poorly-connected or defective LVDS cable or defective laptop display. That information will give you a better chance that the Repair Center will make the correct repair.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT