cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW-TH71 - RMAed in 24 hours, and the nightmare continues.

MattRidge
Level 7
I don't know if I am a fluke, or anyone else has had any issues as of yet with their laptop, but I have had a nightmare scenario attempting to get my laptop repaired.

On the 14th I received my G75VW-TH71.
On the 15th I found out the video card isn't working correctly, it won't play 1080 DPI videos because it's not supported. I call tech support up, and it turns out that my video card isn't working correctly.

I then get an RMA. USG92C4672, and then am told to ship it to Asus in CA via Fed Ex.

On the 19th I notice the laptop still hasn't been delivered, and the delivery date is "N/A" I call FedEx, long story short it was "lost" and then "found" out of box. More like stolen then when found out that there was no battery, or cord with it they returned it. They apologized and reimbursed Asus for S&H charges, and on the 21st the product is starting to be repaired.

On the 22nd I type in my RMA number and the RMA and my laptop serial, as well as my phone number, and all combinations in-between, and itseem not to be in the system any more. I call for tech support to find out what is going on, and this seems to be my second mistake.

For a US based company, I have never talked to anyone in the US as of yet for technical support. This and the fact that they refuse to help me actually find the status of the laptop is rather irksome, telling me it is in for repairs is like telling someone who has been shot in the head they have a hole there. I want to know what is being repaired, but I am continuously being told that they won't know nor will I till the repairs are done, which may take 10 to 14 days.

I just want my laptop back, hell now I just want a laptop.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'd love to talk to someone in the US, or hell Customer Relations, but it seems neither customer service, or Customer Relations exists, nor can the people named Chuck, Charlie, James, or Jeff from India seem to be able to move my phone call back to the states.

I know I am ranting, but I am sorry, this laptop was meant to be an early Christmas gift, now it looks like I won't be seeing this laptop till next year, I am really wondering if this is the kind of support that I should be expecting from Asus, or is this a fluke? Because for as much as I spent on this laptop I would of gotten a better turnaround time from Apple or Dell...

Apple is a max of 4 days, Dell is three to five if they have a tech go to your house, or a week if they have to take it... why is Asus 10 to 14 days? Is there something we don't know about? This may just be my last Asus product if I don't get a resolution soon.
32 REPLIES 32

@chrsplmr I hope you are right, because this situation really leaves a bad taste in my mouth for TigerDirect, and Asus right now.

MattRidge
Level 7
The laptop is still "being repaired"... seriously, two more work days and it's 15 days in their "possession" even though they have had it since the 21st.

Sorry, but Scott, and anyone else from Asus listening... this is unacceptable by any stretch of the imagination. Unless they are sending the part over from China, via Junk, there is no excuse why it is taking a week + to wait for the part, and another week's time for them to "repair it"...

I've left a message with their main office, which BTW, if you don't know what box number you are attempting to call, don't... it cycles through the same message multiple times. I actually pressed 0 to get the operator, and left a message asking for this to be looked at, because my situation may not be common, but it should never of happened.

Their tech support compared to Dell's sucks... and Dell's tech support although they have you on the phone for two hours to get something resolved, by the end of the phone call if your laptop is under warrantee, they have either a box shipped to you to send back the laptop, or send you the part to replace yourself.

So I'd like to know why it takes 15 business days to fix something? OK, fine they take a week to get a part in, but it takes another week to repair the laptop itself? What is it, they are only allowed so many movements on a laptop a day before they have to get back to it?

I'm sorry, but a company's first line of representation beyond the actual product itself is their tech support, and right now Asus on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being best is a -20 in my books. Not only has their tech support given me the same story of "It's being repaired, and the tech hasn't updated their notes", which if that's true whoever has my laptop is one of the worst documenting tech I've ever seen... to "It hasn't passed the suggested repair time yet."

You know what, it shouldn't need to get past that... there is no excuse of why someone has a laptop for three weeks to repair one part.

So tell me, why am I still waiting to hear back from Asus about my laptop, why is it taking over four weeks due to the fact that we had two holidays in the weeks the laptop has been in their possession? As far as I know it's a video card... it is taking 13 days to fix a video card? Seriously?

Nevermind that FexEx lost the package for almost a week as well.

So yeah, this situation is a whole world of annoyance, and I am really, really getting pissed right now.

MattRidge
Level 7
Well I got my laptop back yesterday, and got a full refund by TigerDirect for the laptop. Yesterday was the last straw with it. I turned on the laptop, and saw it had ASUS1 as a user, so I decided to do a clean install. I press F2 and I get logged into ASUS1. I try F2, F8, F9, F11, and F12. All known boot or BIOS F-Keys for various makes and models of laptops. I even tried the Shift key.

Nothing worked. I went to ASUS online to talk to a tech. I was told the keyboard is bad and it has to be brought in for repairs. I've litterally had the laptop in my personal space as an owner for less than 48 hours since December 15th, and now I'm being told to bring it back in for repairs. Seriously?! Whoever was the tech on this laptop didn't do an inspection after repair.

I have bought a new ASUS laptop. 1080DPI resolution with Blu-Ray player. And Windows 7.

I am hoping this one works. I am giving ASUS one more chance. I hope they don't disappoint. This laptop retails for 1700. I got it for 1450 new. Not refurb.