cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G732LWS upgrades.

Padraigo
Level 7
I bought one of the new G732LWS notebooks, and upgraded it as soon as I got it.

I replaced the base 1TB SSD with a 500GB samsung Evo 970 and then added a 2nd Evo 970 with 2TB for games. There is still room for one more M.2 if/when I need it aswell.

I also upgraded the 16gb ram to 32gb ram using 2x16 Crucial Ballistix. The website says the laptop is capable of going to 3200mhz but I cant get it to reach that. Dunno if I need to do something in Bios.

Pretty easy to upgrade all in all. Just a couple of screws underneath and it pops open.

If anyone needs a video of it being opened let me know, ill link the one I used.
35 REPLIES 35

Padraigo wrote:

This is what it shows on CPU-Z. The sticks I bought are this. https://www.mwave.com.au/product/crucial-ballistix-32gb-2x-16gb-ddr4-3200mhz-sodimm-memory-black-ac3...

The specs sheet for the G732LWS said there would be a bios update in july that allows up to 3200. I am up to 310, but still dont see a way of getting that increase from my ram.

I literally just bought the same RAM the same day I read your OP. Hopefully didn't just waste my money.

Padraigo
Level 7
I love the laptop, and I will definitely keep it.

but it is annoying that I spent $300 to upgrade the RAM for it, which currently doesn't give the speeds I was expecting from the specs.

but based on the pictures from Blake, there is supposed to be an option to enable it, so I hope they are just looking into bringing an update soon.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello craig_cabbage & Padraigo,
Please kindly PM me the SN of your G732LWS.
Thank you so much.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello craig_cabbage & Padraigo,
Please kindly PM me the SN of your G732LWS.
Thank you so much.

I have the same issue Blake that entry is not in my G732LWS-XS76 ( DS76 in US) 310 Bios either ...... but the undervolt tab is at thevery bottom but resets itself to disabled on ever reboot it seems but there are however other issues with this Bios that need immediate fixes, ( please , or this Unit will go back too) I tried rolling back to Bios 309 from June but the computer, just forced me to restart the computer and immediately reinstalled 310 again.

My G732 came with the Intel 660p 1TB drive ( out of date FW on it too ) , so I purchased another ( would not of been my 1st choice , but was thinking Raid would help with performance of 660p) , and along with this new 660p I also installed my EVO 960 512GB from my old Laptop into the 3rd .m2 slot .......and this is when the BIG issue reared it's ugly head , if the computer goes to sleep or I do a normal restart via the Windows button , Drive 😧 and Drive E: disappear and the programs etc on them no longer work obviously.

The only cure so far is from a Cold Boot ( full power off ) to enter the Bios and resave it, and then boot into Windows. and all is well until it sleeps or I need to restart for a driver install or something again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated , as would a Beta Bios if available.... please move this to another Thread if needed. Thanks.

KB.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello mhdandb,
So you mean the second and third SSD are not detected with wake up form sleep or reboot?
This happen under both BIOS 309 and BIOS 310?
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello mhdandb,
So you mean the second and third SSD are not detected with wake up form sleep or reboot?
This happen under both BIOS 309 and BIOS 310?
Thank you.

I can not confirm 100% that 309 had the issue as Windows 10 forced 310 onto the computer almost immediately after setting windows 10 Up , this has now happened on 2 different Units ( the 1st one was returned as there was no sound in windows and tech support couldn't fix it )

Like Others', my Bios does not have the Overclock Tab and I also have the very low volume from the speakers issue mentioned too.

Please see my full thread here for more info :

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?120451-G732LWS-XS76-Model-losing-hard-drives-when-more-tha...

Thanks.