cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G713QM Ryzen + RTX3060 + Windows update +Vulkan issues

SMOKESKULL
Level 7
Windows updates keeps updates a couple of files for the AMD drivers and every time it does any games the use Vulkan stop working on Vulkan. THe only solution is to reinstall the graphic driver for AMD even though I have it turned off and use the Nvidia GPU exclusivly. How can I stop Windows update from installing these drivers automatically. I have paused Windows update for 7 days but it will install them again I am sure. I found 1 solution and it did not work. Any oither isdeas? Surely other with AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU are having issues also?
3 REPLIES 3

souliar7
Level 8
SMOKESKULL wrote:
Windows updates keeps updates a couple of files for the AMD drivers and every time it does any games the use Vulkan stop working on Vulkan. THe only solution is to reinstall the graphic driver for AMD even though I have it turned off and use the Nvidia GPU exclusivly. How can I stop Windows update from installing these drivers automatically. I have paused Windows update for 7 days but it will install them again I am sure. I found 1 solution and it did not work. Any oither isdeas? Surely other with AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU are having issues also?
Download the latest amd drivers and install without clean install that fix everything!

souliar7 wrote:
Download the latest amd drivers and install without clean install that fix everything!

I tried that. Still same. I check Windows update and theres already some AMD drivers updates

SMOKESKULL wrote:
I tried that. Still same. I check Windows update and theres already some AMD drivers updates
no from windows update...download latest amd drivers from amd site https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-mobile-processors-radeon-graphic...