cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G60JX Overheating GPU

spmurphy6
Level 7
I have performed various searches in order to remediate my problem, but find varied information that doesn’t seem to directly apply to the problem.
I managed to get an RMA before my warranty expired, but they just said it was fine and replaced a few sticky rubbers.

My GPU is overheating like crazy--reaching 95C playing a movie or surfing the internet. I’ve managed to underclock the GPU significantly to obtain an average of 71C surfing the internet or watching a movie.

I have searched out the problem, and it seems to lead to a repaste. I will do this on the first.

I have been unsucceful in looking for an easy/ moderate way to tinker with the fan setting on my G60JX. Does anyone know of a way to manually change these settings? I’m not very familiar with registry keys, or the advanced setting is say RIVA Tuner.
1 REPLY 1

anders
Level 7
I have this problem as well, It really upsets me. I shelled out a descent amount of money for a great computer and it just goes to junk. I have no warranty left on it either which really sucks. Can any one point us in the right direction? I love ROG products but I had hoped the standard would have been higher.