cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55 nVidia 660m p-state forcing

ggBanks
Level 10
Hi everyone, first of all I want to say that I have done the trick with forcing p-states before, but suddenly it doesn't work any more. So I went to this site, and tried to make these shortcuts or "*.bat" files or whatever, but the only thing that happens is that the memory clock gets set to the value I specified, but the core clock value doesn't get to 1200MHz which is what I want but gets only to 950MHz which is the factory boost clock. Could it be that nVidia has blocked this kind of functionality into their newest drivers? I am with the newest BETA driver by the way.
4 REPLIES 4

Pitcher1
Level 9
could you try old version to see? because i am not sue beta driver use noproblem or not.

Yup, the 310.90's is the last driver that allows forced core clocks beyond the boost limit of 135 if on stock vBIOS. You can still run the latest NVIDIA drivers but if you want to go over the boost limit, you'll have to have a modded vBIOS or wait until nvidiaInspector gets updated again or when NVIDIA changes the way they report frequencies in their drivers to prevent further core overclocking.

ggBanks
Level 10
I hope modded vBIOS comes soon, because I'm tired of this !@#$ I just want to be able to do whatever I want whenever I want it. How come no one has cracked the vBIOS yet? The Keplers have been out for almost an year now!

How far are you on cracking it? Are you even trying or are you just waiting for someone else to do all the work for you?

Patients is a virtue friend, and if you aren't part of the solution, then your part of the problem.