cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55 Keyboard Problems

Vicerox
Level 7
I'm having a serious problem with the G55 Left Control Key; which partially pops of the hinge the more I use it for short cuts, such as CTRL+C or CTRL+V.

Now I'm unsure whether I should/can clip it off. Some posts suggest that it isn't possible since the entire keyboard needs to be disassembled to fix this problem.

Is it just me or do the keys feel as i they would break off the faster I type.

Kindly advise.
4 REPLIES 4

Pitcher1
Level 9
Hi, I suggest you are cleaning Keyboard first, if it is unable to fix your problem, please sent you Repair Center to check out it.

Forgottenbhs
Level 7
I've had this problem with several G series laptops (g73VW, G73SW, G55VW). When typing fast it seems like the keyboard skips a letter or two, with the G55 it seems like #7 on the number pad only registers half the time.
Asus G55VW-RS71 - i7 3610QM, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660M 2GB, 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD

Vicerox
Level 7
Mike I don't believe it's a keyboard cleaning problem.

I was hoping someone can confirm, if I should try to clip off the key completely to view the problem. Only thing is my suspicion about he keyboard needing to be disassembled completely in order to properly fix this issue.

I can't send it to the repair center, since I purchased this machine from the USA and I'm not there.

Vicerox wrote:
Mike I don't believe it's a keyboard cleaning problem.

I was hoping someone can confirm, if I should try to clip off the key completely to view the problem. Only thing is my suspicion about he keyboard needing to be disassembled completely in order to properly fix this issue.

I can't send it to the repair center, since I purchased this machine from the USA and I'm not there.

I also bought my laptop from the US and I'm currently in the Philippines. So far, I have not experienced any problem with the keyboard - feels firm and durable to me. However, during my first days of using my G55VW-DS71, I felt like I really have to adjust due to its different feel as I got used to using external KB which is really different from the G55's KB. Moreover, I felt like if a foreign object the size of a grain of sand would go inside the keys, I will experience serious typing problems and probably a broken KB so I bought a silicone KB protector/cover for 17" lappy and it fits just right with the G55's KB size. With the silicon protector on, it felt like there is now more resistance from the keys when typing (which felt better for me), so I suggest you buy the same thing. Also your KB would be protected from accidental spills. The price of this here in PH is just about 1 USD (50 PHP).

With regard to your concern of disassembling your KB, you can just send it to your nearest Asus certified repair shop so you can claim your warranty. Your G55 comes with a 2-year Global warranty, I pressume.