cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SW blue screen when put to sleep problem.

Hoplite01
Level 7
I have an issue with sleep mode on my G53. I set the lid closing action to sleep. Sometimes instead of sleeping it stays on for long time and then displays the blue screen (9f). I've heard that it can have something to do with the ATK package and I re installed it. It helped for some time but now the problem is back. Anyone else who experienced this and maybe knows how to fix it?
24 REPLIES 24

dstrakele
Level 14
Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh406232(v=vs.85).aspx) indicates a problem with Power Management. The 4 Parameters displayed after the STOP 0x9F can provide more information as to the specific cause. What parameters are displayed in your BSOD?

What file does the BSOD indicate is causing the problem?

Are you running a clean Windows 7 installation or the ASUS Factory OS?

Power4Gear is the ASUS utility that manages power on the ASUS Factory OS installation. If you disable it or uninstall it does the behavior change?

What Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, or Remote Access software do you have installed to your G53SW?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

I tried uninstalling the POwer4Gear and it did help. And it seems like the issue happens after installing new drivers.

dstrakele
Level 14
I've found the Windows 7 driver stack to be somewhat fragile. I've seen 2 posts in this forum of users installing a bluetooth driver which results in corruption of their entire clean Windows 7 OS installation. I have also experienced increased video problems after installing a beta audio driver on my clean Windows 7 installation. As a result, I now unintall and install drivers after booting into Safe Mode. Safe Mode disables other running drivers that can potentially interfere with your driver installations or uninstallations.

Here is all the extra info i can provide. Any ideas what is causing that?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1030

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA800785A060
BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C3D8
BCP4: FFFFFA8006E55010
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012612-17503-01.dmp
C:\Users\Kacper\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-77033-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

dstrakele
Level 14
Here's what the MSDN Bugcheck Code Reference (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh406232(v=vs.85).aspx) says for STOP 0x9F
For Parm 1 = 0x3 (Windows XP and later)
Param 2: The physical device object (PDO) of the stack
Param 3:The functional device object (FDO) of the stack. In Windows 7, this parameter points to the nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER structure.
Param 4:The blocked IRP

CAUSE: A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.

You report the issue appears after installing new drivers. I've seen reports of driver installation causing problems with other installed drivers. I encountered video problems after installing a new version of the Realtek Audio driver. For this reason, I now install and uninstall drivers from within Safe Mode. Safe Mode disables running drivers that may potentially interfere with your driver installations.

I suspect a driver installation may have corrupted the Power4Gear driver(s). Since Windows can provide everything in the way of power management that P4G provides, I would NOT reinstall it. It is one less thing to worry about.

I deleted Power4Gear and everything worked fine. Until now, the BlueScreen returned. Could someone give me a step by step instructions how I can get rid of it?

dstrakele
Level 14
Let's make sure it is the same STOP 0x9F Bugcheck. Please report the Bugcheck number and 4 parameters of this most recent BSOD.

The BugCheck event details may also list a filename that was involved. What is that filename?

What Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, or Remote Access software have you installed to your system?

What other applications have you installed?

I think it may be useful to get output from BlueScreenView by Nirsoft. This will examine the Mini-Dumps on your system and give us a history of the bugchecks.

Exactly the same error. I use ESET Nod32 as the antivirus. What do you mean by getting output from Nirsoft?

dstrakele
Level 14
ESET Nod32 is one you don't hear about often which makes me suspicious that it may be involved in your BSOD. See http://www.google.com/#pq=bluescreenview&hl=en&sugexp=pfwl&cp=15&gs_id=23&xhr=t&q=eset+nod32+BSOD&pf...

I would attempt to disable it by setting all its Services in the SERVICES applet to "Disabled" and then reboot the system. It's the only way to be sure if it's drivers are unloaded. Of course it would be much better to uninstall it for the reproduction test.

My G74SX came with a running trial of Trend Micro pre-installed. Did your G53SW come with this trial? If so, did you uninstall it prior to installing ESET Nod32?

I mean downloading BlueScreenView from http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html and running it. Then posting a screenshot of the results so the history of each Bugcheck Code and Parameters 1-4 on your system is revealed. It also gives filenames that are involved in the BSOD (either the cause or a victim) and that can help troubleshoot your issue.