cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G533QS Fans 0dB Before Clean Install

Trip13Nipp13
Level 7
Ok so back when I had first gotten my G533QS I could swear that the fans wouldnt even run until the cpu hit like 65-70c while on silent mode on AC and the CPU would downclock to like 1.7GHz when not in heavy use. After I ****ed up and did a clean install I am unable to get either of those things to occur. Can someone with a virgin factory install tell me if I am crazy or if I am missing some drivers etc. It was really nice not having any noise while working at my desk.
2 REPLIES 2

world
Hey Trip13Nipp13,

Could you share a bit of information about what you software you have installed on your clean install?

In particular, what ASUS software have you installed after your clean install?

world wrote:
Hey Trip13Nipp13,

Could you share a bit of information about what you software you have installed on your clean install?

In particular, what ASUS software have you installed after your clean install?

Sure thing. I installed all the downloads from the support page, armory crate, asus chipset, Aura creator, and myAsus. With literally nothing else and the laptop sitting idle <2% cpu usage it would still spin the fans at 2200-2400 rpm. I'm not actually sure what ASUS product controls that feature but I think it might be the ASUS Core Framework?