cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G512LW - Keyboard Hotkeys (Fn keys)

Olivier_SuRuMu
Level 7
Hello,
On my ASUS ROG G512LW, the F1-F12 keys are activated by default, and you need a combination "Fn + Fxx" to access the alternative functions (sound control, brightness control ...).

How can this be reversed to have the default alternative functions (adjusting the brightness for example, without having to press the Fn key)?

I have installed the small application "ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys" but I can't get it to work (maybe because the PC is a ROG?)

Thanks a lot ! 😄
5 REPLIES 5

JoshSebert7
Level 7
According to this Asus Hotkey Introduction article you can change that setting in the My Asus app. https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1038312/#:~:text=By%20selecting%20the%20F1%2DF12,pressing%20Fn%2....

Hi, and thanks for your answer.

I should have completed my last sentence... The thing is that I only get one screen in the Assus Keyboard Hotkeys mini-app, that says :

"ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys, used simultaneously with the Fn key, allows quick access or switching between certain functions. It also supports on-screen display (OSD) to show the current status of keyboard shortcuts.
This application runs in the background."

When I press OK, the little black window closes ... So this doesn't allow me to switch from one mode to another...

What can I do ?
Does this mini-app supports my ROG G512 ?

Hello everyone,

Any idea ?

Do I have to get into the BIOS ?

Hi everyone,

Anyone here with an idea for a solution to this Hotkeys issue ?

Can ASUS patch its small app to handle ROG PCs ?

... It took them (Asus Customer Service) more than 3 weeks to give me the exact same answer that JoshSebert7 gave me, just 5 hours after I asked (thanks again to him)

Help ? 😄

I too am trying to do this with my Zephyrus G14 and not able to find it in MYASUS app also. I've tried the Asus Hotkeys it is happening same for me. Please let me know if anyone find out the solution