Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fps drops, Freezes and GPU Perf Limiter

RemSinus
Level 7
Hi guys,

I bought a ROG Hero GL504G in Oct 2018.
Everything seemed to work fine until i got several issues (small or bigger ones) that i don't know if they're linked, or how to fix them :

- first i have had these strange fan noises coming out of the computer, but more likely due to the GPU fan (since they're happening on the opposite side of the main aeration fan), like it was going crazy, without me doing anything special (no movies, no videogames) on the computer when these noises occured;

- couple times, happened while i was playing, i had huge freezes with a loud and continous terrible beeeeeeep and i was forced to press the off button to shut down the computer as no other thing was working;

- and finally the videogame framedrops :
Some happened once or twice on Fortnite (which is working perfectly in low/med settings since i installed it), like sudden and short (5-10 sec) hard fps drops,
and others, more recently and everytime i play on PUBG (which is set on low settings) with the same drops, but happening every minute the game is on.

Checking Gaming Center after last fps drops on PUBG, realized there was this famous "GPU Perf Limiter" from Nvidia, of which people have been asking how to disable on this forum, which is for me switching constantly and without any cause (computer is plugged permanently) between "Utilization" and "Power".

Therefore i require your help to find out :
First : are my fps drops while playing due to this "GPU Perf Limiter" switches ?
If yes, how could i fix this ?
Second : could these fps drops, the hardcore freezes and the strange fan noises be linked together ?
Could there be a malfunction in the hardware ? Should i need to send my computer back to Asus for checking ?

Thank you very much in advance for any advice that could help me fix these problems
Really doubt a GTX 1060 cannot allow me to run PUBG in low settings... but maybe is it the case
Looking forward to find out
0 REPLIES 0