cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback for GL553VD BIOS 304 ?

Lord_Obsidian
Level 9
Hi everyone!
Just noticed that there is the BIOS 304 update for GL553VD by 2017/11/29. If anyone installed it, did you notice any changes? And most of all, does it affect FanBoost functionality? I worry if it could bring this shutdown problem back.
Also, is every new BIOS officially recommended for installation, if I encounter no problems with current version? I'm asking because Asus Live Update does not detect this update somehow.

Thanks in advance!
13 REPLIES 13

ccristiangalvez
Level 7
Bios 305 is now available

ccristiangalvez wrote:
Bios 305 is now available

Cristiangalvez, thanks for reply. Although I've just checked Driver & Tools section and found no BIOS 305. Maybe not yet available in my country.

Lord Obsidian wrote:
Cristiangalvez, thanks for reply. Although I've just checked Driver & Tools section and found no BIOS 305. Maybe not yet available in my country.

To update the BIOS to the latest version, go to "device manager", select "firmware" and look for updates there. It will be a while until this update is seen on the asus support page. In addition, in this way it is not necessary to update by means of a pendrive, the process is automatic.

ccristiangalvez wrote:
To update the BIOS to the latest version, go to "device manager", select "firmware" and look for updates there. It will be a while until this update is seen on the asus support page. In addition, in this way it is not necessary to update by means of a pendrive, the process is automatic.

Thanks Ccristiangalvez! I've updated my GL553VE to bios 305, I never knew this method before.

ccristiangalvez wrote:

Could you be more specific? I know it sound dumb but I could update mine here by this way so any further help would be good 🙂

MichelPerry wrote:
Could you be more specific? I know it sound dumb but I could update mine here by this way so any further help would be good 🙂

Press the windows key, search and open "device manager". Now look for the "firmware" section, open it with a double click and select the "driver" tab. Click on "search for updates", and just wait.

ccristiangalvez wrote:
Press the windows key, search and open "device manager". Now look for the "firmware" section, open it with a double click and select the "driver" tab. Click on "search for updates", and just wait.

I don't seem to have firmware in the list in my device manager...

For me the 304 bios version resolve the power state failure problem .

and you can't update your bios via device manager...... it will just update your driver

Guys, can you help me with this little problem? I would appreciate it a lot!

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98437-GL553VD-Factory-OS-Files-Request